" And Reese and Kai would keep watch at Carlos' house. We need to be able to get him without him noticing and disappearing" Our Chief Wade was saying as I walked into the office.

Entering into the office, Everyone turned towards me, even Liam looked at me with pity and gave me a small nod.

" You okay son?" Wade asked as I sat down.

" Yes sir, I apologize for being MIA" I replied as I looked at everyone.

" No problem, glad you're better" he said with a stern smile.

" According to Rose, She said that she suspects that Amelia was killed on her way to their met up." Wade continued.

" So they both knew about each other then" Aaron asked.

" They met each other on that day for the first time" Wade answered without going into details of how Rose had Amelia. It was a personal thing and we didn't have the right to talk about it without Rose's permission.

" They were going to run away together " he continued as he looked at the paper in front of him.

"Rose also told me about the connection between Amelia and Carlos " He said as he went into little details which held nothing but respect for Amelia and her job.

When he was done talking about it, I could feel eyes drilling into my face. Turning, I saw Reese looking at me with surprise. The story I told him in the bathroom was the exact thing Wade said which confirmed that everything I told him about seeing Amelia was true. Giving him a small smile, I turned back to Wade and kept on listening.

" I think that's all for today, have a nice evening" he concluded as everyone began to pack up. As we exited the room, I heard Wade call my name.

" Kai and Reese, a word please" he said leading us back to the table.

When we sat down, he sighed and continued.

" Rose wants a quiet burial for her daughter and she asked me to please invite you on her behalf since she won't be able to see you. Of course this is after we catch Carlos." He said looking between us.

" I'd be honored sir, we'd be there" Reese replied speaking for the two of us.

" Good, I'll let her know." He said standing up and patting both our shoulders.

" You both should head to Carlos house then." He finalized as he left the room.

Reese and I got ready to start our lookout. We both decided to use my car since there was no way to know if it was an official car or not. It was a good idea actually. We would park meters away from the house and watch from there. Carlos' house was huge, the result of criminal activities and a hand full of innocent blood, the thought of him being in that house laughing and enjoying himself after the evil things he has done boiled my blood.

" Kai, you okay" he asked bringing me back to reality.

" Yeah, I'm okay, I can't wait to get the bastard that's all" I replied squeezing the steering wheel. After answering him, we both stayed in silence watching the house.

The beep of both our phones drew us away from our focus on the house.
Checking my phone, it was a message from Wade.

Wade: Rose is missing.

As we read the message, we both looked at eachother with confusion.

" I thought she was under witness protection though, how did she go missing" Reese asked as I kept on looking at the message.

" I have no idea" I replied scrunching my brows together.

' I wonder where she is, I really hope she's okay' I thought to myself.

' What would you do if you find out that person who killed your daughter was someone that you knew from your painful past ? ' Ethan asked me

'Kill' I replied as my eyes shone. No, no.

" We need to enter that house now" I said as I removed my seat belt and opened the door.

" Why?, What's going on?" He said imitating what I did.

" ROSE" I told him with tears in my eyes as I started running towards the house.
No, God please, no.

Before we got to the entrance of the house, we heard 5 continuous shots coming from inside the house. Looking at Reese, he got the message as we ran faster. When we got to the door, it was locked. After trying to force it open, Reese kicked the door till it opened. The sight we saw was something I never expected.

  Rose was standing over Carlos' dead body.
" Rose?" I called out. When she turned towards me, she looked so weak with blood stains on her face.

" I did this for my baby" She replied as she held her hands out waiting for us to handcuff her.