02. How Do I Title Things ft. Meggy Spletzer

Start from the beginning

Meggy started cracking up with fits of laughter. "It was that obvious! Red wanted you two to get together so bad!"

"So you both were shipping us, is what I've gathered from this."

"Pretty much!" Meggy said it proudly. "I think Saiko was well aware of it, too. I remember this one time when you were all pissy about something and stormed off, she just said aloud next to me, 'That asshole needs to get laid and fast.' AND IT WAS THE FUNNIEST THING I HEARD HER SAY-"

"OI!" SMG3 raised his voice, getting flustered. "I DID get laid, thank you very much!"

"You are SUCH A DORK-" Meggy couldn't stop laughing. This was probably the hardest SMG3's ever heard her laugh. "Shit, dude, I think I woke Mario up-"

"Is he staying over with you?" SMG3 asked through snorts and giggles.

"Yeah! He asked if he could crash and obviously I said yeah. I mean, who am I to deny him?"

"You two are like, attached at the hip. You make literal biological siblings jealous with how good your dynamic is."

"He's always been the best to me, so I've always been happy to repay it." Meggy's voice was warm. "He really is like an older brother."

"Love that for you, girlie." SMG3 smiled.

"You know what I also love? How we've sat here making zero progress whatsoever on this Minecraft house."

"Oh." SMG3 pinched the bridge of his nose. "Uhh, tomorrow for sure! I've gotta head to bed."

"You had that entire coffee, though, right?" Meggy pointed out.

"I suppose I did." SMG3 nodded. "It's okay, though. Caffeine does absolutely nothing to me anymore. It only makes me tired, really."

"Mm, I see." Meggy let out a yawn. "I should get to bed, too. Red wakes up really early so I should be getting as many hours as I can before he wakes up the entire neighborhood."

"Aren't you an early bird, too?" SMG3 asked. "I hate waking up early. I dunno how you do it."

"Oh, I am! Just on weekdays, though, if that makes sense? Like, I get to sleep in on weekends! It's just that Mario's schedule doesn't really agree with mine on that whenever he stays the night."

"I'm surprised the idiot even sleeps." It was SMG3's turn to yawn.

"Either he functions on three hours or he passes out for a day or longer. There's no in-between." Another yawn from Meggy. "Okay, yeah, I really should get to bed. Today was fun! Thanks for explaining Bloons stuff to me."

"And thanks for tolerating it." SMG3 grinned. "Seriously. It means a lot."

"You know I'll always be down to listen." Meggy replied earnestly. "Goodnight, Three."

"Yeah, goodnight. See you."

Both of them exited the Discord call and logged off their respective Minecraft accounts, seeking to continue their progress tomorrow. Three got out of his gaming chair and did a huge stretch, feeling himself crack in some places of his body. A giant sigh of relief left his lips. He finished what's left of his (now cold) coffee, rubbed his eyes and made his way upstairs to the bedroom.

"Four?" he peeked into the room, looking to see if SMG4 was still at the desk.

He was indeed still there. He was slouched at his work space, clicking and typing away on his editing program. He seemed about halfway through, making strong and consistent progress despite how late in the night it was. A couple mugs were sat beside him, implying he must've had coffee to refuel.