Chapter 4

"What am I going to wear for the party?", Sportacus asked himself. The party was starting in an hour and he didn't want to appear in his usual tracksuit. For once, he decided to wear a royal blue suit with a white shirt and black dress shoes. He combed his hair back and put on some cologne to impress Stephanie. No one has ever seen him without his cap off and he wanted to see everyone's reaction.

Robbie would be surprised if he found out that Sportacus is not an elf, but a simple human with superpowers. He looked at the time and noticed that the party has already started.

"I'm late". He grabbed a small basket with Stephanie's favorite sports candy like strawberries, carrots, apples, grapes, and bananas. He used his scooter to arrive at the party at the town hall, nervous like never before.

Sportacus entered the conference room hearing to the sound of music and seeing people dancing along. Trixie got better throughout the years with her music and it was pumping.

He was standing at the door looking for Stephanie but instead saw Mrs. Meanswell. She noticed him and walked towards him with a big hug. "Sportacus, you look stunning tonight. I'm glad you came. Stephanie has been waiting for you", she said with a wink.

"Thank you. You look amazing too Mrs. Meanswell". He sighed, "I can't believe she has grown up so fast".

"Me neither, but life goes on. Come. Let's not make her wait".

They walked through the mutlitude and got to the Mayor's table which was on the other side of the room. Sportacus noticed Stephanie and his heart started pounding so hard. Calm down, he said to himself.

Stephanie was wearing a fiusha dress with spaghetti straps and a side split. Her hair was curled and reached to her butt length. She also wore heels, a bracelet and a flower necklace with little makeup. She was breathtaking.

Stephanie and Sportacus were holding eye contact for a long time until Uncle Milford interrupted the moment.

"Sportacus, you made it on time. Very handsome as always".

"Thank you Mayor Meanswell. Same to you", he answered with a friendly smile. He walked towards Stephanie and gave her a hug. He could smell her perfume, sweet as flowers. "Happy Birthday Stephanie. Here's a basket full of your favorite sports candy", said Sportacus handing it to her.

She grasped with all the delicious variety. "Oh Sportacus, I love it so much! Thank you". She then leaned in and kissed him on the cheek. She saw him blush and that made her giggle.

"You're welcome Stephanie. You look like a princess tonight".

"And you look like a prince. I've never seen without your cap off until now. Well, without your suit actually", she said. Her eyes were roaming all over his body, noticing his muscles under his dressing suit. She could feel her face going red.

She left the basket with the other present and asked Sportacus if he wanted to dance. "Sure", he said. Stephanie snaked her hand around Sportacus' biceps and headed to the dance floor. They were both having so much fun with Trixie's new electro pop music that the world around them vanished. It was just Sportacus and Stephanie, having fun like good old friends.

Friends?, Stephanie said to herself. She wondered if Sportacus felt the same way like she did. Their age gap was something that she worried about and the way her friends would react and what Uncle Milford would say. Deep down in her heart, she has always loved Sportacus. His presence made her smile and she knew her problems were solved when he was near.

Sportacus was everyone's savior, but he wanted to belong to Stephanie. He wanted to hold her, love her, feel her touch against his skin and shout to the four winds how madly in love he has fallen for this woman.

After a moment, Trixie announced through the microphone that here would be a slow dance ad to get a partner. Sportacus bowed and said, "Ms. Stephanie Meanswell, would you like to dance this piece with me?".

"Of course, Mr. Spob", remembering that one moment when Robbie Rotten turned him into a little boy and introduced himself as Spob. Funny.

They both laughed and slowly integrated their bodies together. His right hand was wrapped around Stephanie's tiny waist and his left hand was holding her right hand. She's small, he thought.

They moved to the rhythm of the music, synchronized in body movement and heartbeat. They locked eyes during the dance and Stephanie's nostrils were filled by Sportacus cologne. He smelled like the gods. She then rested her head onto his chest and closed her eyes.

"I don't want this to end", she whispered.

"Me too". She looked up and noticed Sportacus with a sad look on his face. She had to tell him what was going on with her.

"Attention everybody, we have an important announcement to make. Stephanie, dear, please come to the podium", Uncle Milford announced. That's when Stephanie remembered her life-changing opportunity between college and Sportacus.