Chapter 3

It was 12:05 pm when Stephanie woke up. She couldn't sleep in late again so she headed into the bathroom and did her necessities.

After that, she headed to the kitchen and grabbed an apple for breakfast. She needed sports candy to start her day. She went to her email and checked her inbox for any acceptance.

Her eyes opened when she started reading the words 'We wanted to inform that.. ' . "Oh lord, please be good". She pressed on the message and started reading every word carefully. She read it three times and when she finished processing, Stephanie took a long deep breath and screamed at the top of her lungs, scaring everyone in Lazy Town.

"I JUST GOT ACCEPTED INTO HAZELWOOD UNIVERSITY!!!!". Stephanie finally got an answer. She starting dancing and doing backflips and suddenly her uncle entered the kitchen.

"Stephanie, what happened? Me and Bessie heard you from the town hall. Is everything alright?", asked Uncle Milford.

She hugged him and gave him the news, "Yes Uncle Milford. I received an email from Hazelwood University. I got accepted".

"That's' wonderful Stephanie. Tomorrow on your birthday, we will give out the good news". He left the house and walked as fast as he could to the town hall to tell Mrs. Meanswell about Stephanie's acceptance letter.

Halfway there, Sportacus appeared and asked the mayor what's wrong. He heard the scream from his airship while he was working out. His crystal strangely didn't beep and thought of the worst. "What in the world? It sounded like.....Stephanie". On his way to her house, Sportacus saw Mayor Meanswell and noticed the way he walked so he stopped by to ask.

"Oh, it was actually a good scream. Stephanie found out that she got accepted into her dream college. And tomorrow we will give out the news to everyone".

In that moment, Sportacus had mixed feelings. He was happy for Stephanie, but at the same time, he already felt alone. "That's great news. Don't worry Mayor, I won't tell a soul", he said zipping his lips and throwing away the key.

After that, both men parted ways. Sportacus decided not to go to Stephanie and wait for tomorrow night. Her birthday!!!, he said in his mind. 

What birthday present would be ideal for a 19 year old? Many ideas came to his mind: like a basket of Stephanie's sports candy, a book, a letter. Sportacus knew that Stephanie deserved a lot more as a young lady. He wanted to give her the entire world.

"Ah ha! Now I know what to give her", he said. He went back to his airship and started to prepare Stephanie's birthday present. And after tomorrow night, nothing was going to be the same again.