PART I

Meerab comes back home to find Murtasim and Haya talking together, something burns inside of her, the betrayal she feels is something that cannot be described. All throughout her life, there has been so much instability and finally, when she has accepted the fact that this man was going to be with her for the rest of her life, he goes and makes her feel insecure in the very relationship she was forced into. She feels so helpless and, at that moment, longing is evident in her eyes, unknowingly some tears just fall from her cheeks.

She watches them for a while, unsure of what to do with that sinking feeling. She really wanted to trust him but he just makes it so hard for her to do so. So, she watches them from the corner of the room, reminiscing the times when he held her hand and smiled at her, she knows she has been cruel to him but she had her reasons.

By the time she has had enough and is ready to leave, his eyes catch that movement and in no time, he is ready to chase after her. She has no clue how many sleepless nights he has spent on the sofa just yearning for her, just to be close to her, just to feel her warmth and make her his.

He finds her just before she is about to go and the moment his eyes catch her red-rimmed eyes something breaks inside of him. "Meerab, tum yaha kab aayi?" He's taken aback to see her, the separation has been hard on him, he still hasn't touched the bed out of habit and still looks at the contract from time to time, he isn't mad about it anymore but upset that he couldn't make her believe on his love for her. But now that she is here in front of him, he's so scared that she will go again and the anxiety is evident on his face. He goes on to say something but she cuts his train of thought with her reply.

"Ab Samjh aayi ki tum mujhe lene Karachi se kyu nahi aaye, apni pyaari cousin ke hote huye biwi ki yaad kyu aane lagi Khan Murtasim ko" she replies, she's trying to smile but the tears in her eyes make you feel so sorry for the state she's in. She pushes him because all she wants is some peace and quiet, to process her feelings for this man in peace and just find some rest at last. She's continuously trying to break free from the connection she feels but is drawn back to him every single time. And this time too, when Murtasim tightly holds her hand and is stuck on the fact that he will not be letting her go, she just grips his shirt and starts crying. Releasing all the hurt she has felt for the past few months and exhausts herself in his embrace.

(Hey guys! This is the first time i have written a fanfic, please let me know where i can improve and how was it reading this piece that i whipped in 20ish minutes :) Please leave feedback positive/negative both)