Reito: Well, smooth move, my guy.

Raphtalia: Why didn't you at least give her a chance to explain herself?

Erhard: Y'know, she's got a point, kid.

Filo: Master, I don't understand. How could you treat Mel so coldly?

Noufumi: Listen to me, Filo. It's best if you don't play with her anymore.

Filo: Why? Tell me why? Please!

Noufumi: As for you two, I think It's best if we go our separate ways for a while. It seems we still don't know enough about each other.

Reito: Noufumi, please just let me-

Noufumi: No. I've made up my mind. I have a lot going on.

Reito: Fine. We'll give you all the time you need. But just remember, we're all in this. The more you complain about it, the worst It's going to turn out. And just for future reference, you nearly compared me to Motoyasu. I'm nothing like Motoyasu. You saw that in our match. I wish you and your party the best of luck in the future and the waves to come.

He bows his head.

Reito: Ahri, let's go.

Ahri: O-okay.

They leave the shop and Reito takes in a deep breath.

Ahri: So, how did you think that was going to end up?

Reito: About like that.

Ahri: Do you think that Noufumi will come to an understanding soon?

Reito: Maybe. He's no different from me. I can't blame the guy who doesn't trust Melty or the royal family. They've turned on him to make him look like the enemy. I just hope he comes around soon. It's not just him, all of us. If we don't... We're going to be in for a rough time. And no one loves rough times.

???: Sir-! Sir-! Please wait!

From the sides, a young knight runs up to Reito and holds his knees in exhaustion.

Reito: Hey, easy there. Don't pass out. Is there something we can do for you?

Young Knight: The Shield hero. Do you know where he is? I'd like to talk to him.

Reito: Talk to him? What for? You also seem... Familiar...

He recalls the time he met Noufumi in Lute village when the first wave hit. Even though they had it somewhat under control, a few of the knights still joined in.

Reito: I remember. You were at Lute. One of the few knights who chose to stay behind and fight.

Young Knight: Yes, I am! Do you know where the Shield Hero is? I have to tell him something that's very important!

Reito: If you're looking for Noufumi, he's inside. I'd advise being in a calm manner he's a bit snippy at the moment.

Young Knight: I will. Thank you!

The young knight heads inside and Reito walks off with Ahri.

Ahri: He's an energetic one.

Reito: He's a young man in the field of battle. In fact, in my opinion, he has one of the best mindsets for young warriors. But that mindset leaves him vulnerable to many things.

Ahri: Do you think he'll survive the waves?

Reito: I have no doubt he will. He's young and focused.

Ahri: Did you get any more news from the Queen?

Reito: Unfortunately not. She must be too busy to try and hand out new assignments. Then again, my main is to make the other heroes work together.

Ahri: Well, since you don't have any new assignments, how about we just find one that's interesting? The taverns we go to always have interesting jobs open.