Ch 14 Reconciliation

"When will Rae come back? It's been a week since she took a leave from school," Jungkook opened the topic while the gang was having their break in the cafeteria.

"I don't know, she hasn't picked up any of my calls," Hoseok answered with a sigh.

"Maybe she'll come to school next week. You know she needed a long time to recover," V said, looking out of the glass wall while sipping on his red juice.

The others were just silent, doing their own things. Jimin was nowhere to be found this time, he hasn't been hanging out with the others too. After the incident with Rae, he really felt guilty and wary, he couldn't look at Rae's bruised body. Although he gave his blood to Rae, it still can't compensate the damage and trauma she suffered.

"I'll visit her later after school, who wanna come?" Jungkook invited. V and Hoseok raised their hands, while Jin and Suga just nodded. Namjoon wasn't with them too, soon you'll find out why.

Meanwhile in Rae's house...

"I'm sorry if I came here without telling you, I just wanna know how you've been doing," Jimin said when Rae opened the door and was a little shocked to see him standing outside.

Rae was a bit speechless but let Jimin into her house anyway, "Aaah- come in, take a sit," she invited him to the living room. There was an earsplitting silence in between them as none of them dared to talk first. Rae was a little nervous, she doesn't know what to say or what to do with the situation.

"Aah- want some drink? Maybe Juice? Or Coffee? Or something?" Rae was hesitating to ask Jimin if he wanted blood because that's what vampires really drink after all. She was thinking maybe it would insult him if she directly asked him that.

"Don't bother, water is fine. Thank you," Jimin answered. Rae went to the kitchen to get a pitcher of water, and stopped there for a while to calm herself and breathed in and out. "C'mon Rae, calm down, Jimin won't do anything to harm you. He's good and you know that. You like him don't you? Then stop acting like he's some kind of a killer or criminal," Rae's mind was saying. But in fact, she doesn't know what she's nervous of, maybe just the mere presence of Jimin makes her heart beat so fast.

"Aah- here, ha-have some d-drink," Rae offered, stuttering on her words as she came close to Jimin to hand him a glass of water. Jimin's cold hands brushed on Rae's hand as he reached for the glass, and just like their first meeting during the 2nd day of classes, there seemed to be a spark or some kind of electric wave between them that only they can feel. As usual, Rae was surprised with it and her cheeks flushed. She sat on the sofa across Jimin and acted normal.

"How are you?" that's the first line Jimin spoke while looking deep into Rae's brown eyes. Rae felt super conscious and avoided the stare.

Rae wasn't able to answer immediately as she was trying NOT to remember the things that happened to her. However, the terror still crept through her insides and she felt as if the wounds were re-opening, the stinging pain was beginning to worsen.

"I'm f-fine now... A-a little... Haha..." Rae tried to answer with a smile but still she kept on stuttering. She was holding her hands tightly, trying to hide the delusional pain she's feeling.

"I'm sorry Rae, I'm very sorry for what happened. I don't know what to do anymore, please don't hate me, and the others," tears began to flow from Jimin's small eyes as he kneeled down in front of Rae. His voice was shaky and he was trembling. Rae was dumbfounded and just stared at Jimin in front of her. She was not expecting this- for Jimin to kneel down before her for forgiveness, is something she doesn't want to see. It pains her heart to see Jimin crying, especially that the reason he is crying is because of her. Her soft side for Jimin is too much.

"Please stand. You don't need to do that, please. I'm okay now, so don't worry about it," Rae held Jimin's shoulders and helped him sit beside her. She unconsciously cupped Jimin's face and wiped the tears with her thumb. But as she realized what she was doing, she immediately removed her hands and offered him tissue instead. Jimin's pale face seemed to brighten a bit.

"Just let me say sorry and make up for it. I don't know if you'll ever forgive me for all the things that happened to you, but I'll do whatever you want. If you tell me to go away and never come back, I'll do it," Jimin said, still teary-eyed, and grabbed Rae's hands in his. The feeling of Rae's warm, soft hands on his skin makes him feel more alive, but eventually he has to let go of that hand when she asks for him to go away.

"Don't say that. I never said I was mad at you, or to anyone of you. What Nahyun did to me was not your fault so don't be sorry," Rae said sincerely. It's true, she's not mad, rather she's just scared about the truth behind Jimin and the others' identities. Now that she has finally remembered the past, she's afraid to face the present.

"And... You might want to know what and how Nahyun did those horrible things to you. I don't want to hide it from you anymore. Nahyun and I, including the other boys, except Jungkook... We are all... V-vampires," Jimin revealed so himself, not looking at Rae, but on his cold hands that are clipped together.

"I know..."

"Huh? Wh-what? How?" Jimin asked curiously.

"I remember... Everything... From when we met when we were seven... Up to the time when Nahyun almost killed me... All the memories came back," Rae said, ready to face what's ahead.

Jimin was silent. What now? What will happen to their relationship? Will their friendship go back to the way it was? Will their differences be reconciled?