Chapter 4

Chapter 4

My mind is in a process of loading the current event that just happened. The Miuccios? Sit with us? Did I say something that'll make them stick around?! I took my glasses off because they seem kind of blurry. I massaged the bridge of my nose trying to chill myself.

I had to walk out. It seems too good to be true and annoying at the same time. It's weird seeing my friends with them and it made me feel like I had to pair with that one Miuccio left. Eck, the creeps.

I leaned against my locker and slowly sit down. Right now I just wanted to be alone. I wanted to cry for no reason. Blame that on menstrual hormones. I was still wiping the moist in my glasses lens.

Suddenly a tall figure stood beside me.

"Excuse me, Miss. Have you seen Raina Marie Harris?" I rose my eyebrow and put my glasses back on. Oh, it's him again. "R-Raina." he said my name surprised.

"What?" I replied in a dull tone.

"N-Nothing." he cleared his throat, and smiled at me.

"Hey, just chill okay? I know you're not in the mood because it's your period, hey I get it. But you really need to eat, you might faint." I cannot believe what I'm hearing and seeing at the same time. Nick Miuccio hasn't changed at all. He's still caring. "Well, I do know you're about to faint in my presence," he smirked, I nearly forgot that his arrogance is oozing. I punched him lightly.

"Way to ruin the nice moment here Nick."

He chuckled, "But seriously Rain, you need to eat. Here." He handed me a large burger and a bottle of water. "Don't worry, I don't poison people I like." I wasn't sure I was hearing that right, did he say he likes me? "I-I mean, you're an exception because you're a badass." I smiled, and took his burger.

"Thanks, Nick."

"You're welcome." Without anymore ado, I took a huge bite from the burger and taste that heavenly goodness. I moaned as I munch it slowly, tasting every bit of this food. I noticed, Nick was watching me eat with a huge grin.

"What?"

He chuckled, "You're so cute when you take those big bites." for the first time I feel shy. What is he doing to me?

"You want?" I offered my food to him, wait. Why did I just do that? I don't normally offer my food to people. Let alone to the last person I wanted to see.

"Nahh..." he declined.

"I know you want."

He chuckled again and nodded. "Okay, Rain." his hands accidentally landed on my left hand. I feel weird when they touched it. Okay, red alert! Avert your eyes Raina!

"So, why are you being nice to me? What do you want?" Yes, that's it Raina, be mean! Be your own typical self.

"I wasn't being nice Rain. I'm just concerned. You might fall asleep in class again because you lack energy. I know you too well."

That's it. I declare that from then on today is Crazy Day.

"Seriously, thank you Nick."

"Not Miuccio? Well then, today's a weird day." We both laughed, "And yes, you're welcome."

The school bell rings, making me munch the whole burger and then drink my cold water. I carefully stand, with the help of Nick of course and damn here goes that feeling again. I hated him for a year and this happens? Oh god. No. I must stop myself.

"Let's go to class." I let go of his hand and I immediately walked away. I have to avoid him as much as possible. I don't like what I'm feeling.

******