Chapter 8: Traumas Triggered

Zacznij od początku

Fang felt himself flush in shame, before looking away annoyed "Adudu told me he abandoned them."

"And? You believe him?"

"Well the Captain did say he knew Adudu well, which also means that Adudu knew him just as much if not for all the information the alien spilled to me." Fang reasoned which Nut, surprisingly, nodded his head in agreement.

"You're right about that part. Adudu had been a nuisance to Captain Solar and his brothers since they were kids so you could say they're like- childhood frenemies."

"What?"

"Long story. Anyway- Adudu may know a lot about them, but he's not someone you can easily trust about personal things like that. He's basically their arch nemesis," The engineer placed the cap back into the drawer,  "And you don't talk about personal matters like that to your nemesis do you?"

Fang paused as a certain alien popped into his mind, "How about Captain Azlan?"

He watched as Nut's back turned rigid, "What about him?"

Fang narrowed his eyes at the reaction and explained, "Yesterday, I got to learn a lot about Captain Solar because of him."

.

.

.

.

.

"So, how's it like being in his team?" Captain Azlan asked Fang who self-consciously unwrapped his sandwich for his meal.

The tall alien had invited him for lunch insisting he wanted to get to know the new member of the main Headquarters. Especially since he was  from Team Solar. 

"Fine." Fang responded, unsure of what to expect with the very friendly guy in front of him.

Apparently, he had been the new gossip around.

The infamous Captain finally having his first-ever comrade for his non-existent team. And said member was a transfer from the popular Rebel Team no less.

Fang tried not to show how secretly pleased he was at the popularity he was gaining.

"Come on, you don't have to hold back with me. I know what that grump is like." Azlan huffed as he leaned back while taking a bite out of his own sandwich, "We used to be in the same team after all."

Fang almost choked on his food.

"The two of you?!"

"Yeah, didn't you know?" Those scarlet eyes  looked back at him, twinkling with amusement, "Before he became the Captain he was now, of course he needed a team after he went and abandoned his old one."

He sorely wanted to ask more, but he didn't want to seem desperate. 

And as much as he was curious about his Captain, he had been thoroughly scolded over his lack of distinguishing facts and rumors.

Though that didn't seem to stop him from looking at the older Captain with wide curious eyes, making the other chuckle good-naturedly.

"Believe it or not, we had been under Captain Papa Zola, along with two other aliens. One was from planet Ata Ta Tiga who's been transferred to a different sector a long time ago-forgot his name, and the other was the recently appointed Captain Dian herself." Azlan explained, "We were... not the most stable of teams."

"How so?" Fang couldn't help but ask, despite his struggle of trying to act all indifferent.

"Solar was very difficult to work with." The alien admitted, "Always going on about his plans that were a tad too risky and dangerous. But our Captain had this favoritism with him since he had been his student since his childhood, so he would often side with him and would cause us arguments here and there."