Nine.

Steve pov

"Julie?" Nora Harlow said as she opened the door. Her eyebrows were knitted together in worry. "What are you guys doing here so late? Is everything okay?" She looked us both over.

"Yeah, sorry. Both of our roommates decided to have company over... is it okay if we crash here tonight?"

"Of course! Come in!" She smiled, opening the door to let us in.

Julie's parents' house was always so welcoming, and always smelled like something was baking. I glanced over at my house before we stepped in, all the lights off like usual. My parents probably weren't even home.

"Thanks, mom." Julie said with a tired smile.

"I was just about to head to bed, but you guys can stay up and watch TV. I made cookies this afternoon too. They're in the kitchen," she smiled. Julie looked so much like her mom, from her dark hair to her warm smile.

"I think we were going to head that way as well. Class in the morning," she yawned.

"Okay," Nora nodded before eyeing me. "Steve, the couch is free, and you know where the blankets are," she said, grabbing the brown handrail to the staircase as she began heading up the carpeted stairs.

I nodded with a smile, fully aware that I wasn't going to be sleeping on the downstairs couch. We exchanged goodnights before Nora left us downstairs in the entryway.

"Okay, so," Julie walked over to the closet next to the staircase as she heard her parents' door close. "How many blankets do you want?" her dark eyes shining under the dim lights in the hallway.

I walked up behind her, wrapping my arms around her waist. "You really want me to stay in the living room tonight?" I asked against her ear.

She bit her bottom lip, hiding her smile as she turned to face me. "Maybe."

"Fine," I shrugged, letting go.

"Go grab some cookies and come upstairs," she laughed before heading up the stairs.

..

The next morning, I woke up to Julie rolling over next to me. I squinted at the sunlight shining through the sheerness of the thin curtains covering a nearby window. I shifted, moving my numb arm from under my body and over my head. I glanced over at the alarm clock on her side table. We still had an hour and a half before classes started. Julie stirred, lightly groaning as she slowly woke up.

She turned to face me, a smile spreading on her sleepy face. "Hi."

"Hi," I smiled back, kissing her forehead.

She placed her hand on my cheek, kissing me softly. I grabbed her hip, pulling her on top of me.

"In my parents' house, Steve?" she asked, leaning down to kiss my neck.

"You weren't complaining last night," I smiled, bringing her lips back to mine.

She pulled back, her dark eyes searching mine as we heard footsteps coming up the stairs. She looked toward her door as we heard them making their way down the hallway, nearing her room.