𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬

Start from the beginning

Kiara finished on my hair, giving my hair a last final spray of hair spray before grasping her long hands against my shoulders and resting her head on the right shoulder. "You look so grown up, I'm going to cry." She said and rested her head in a tilted position. Kiara and I would do everything with another no matter what. If I wanted to move to a different state, she would pack her bags and move which I would do the same for her. I smiled at her in the mirror while Sarah moved over to rest her head beside Kiara. All of us became one group even though Kiara and Sarah didn't get along with another at first. "Next thing will be you getting a boyfriend, then getting married and having kids." She said again as tears stared to form a glaze against the brown eyes. Sarah had frowned slightly seeing Kiara start tearing up in the mirror while she looked at me. "Don't cry, I'll start crying and it'll ruin my makeup." I laughed at her and raised my hand, laying it against her hand in a loving mannerism. Kiara and Sarah started giggling at my response as it quickly took away the sadness from Kiara's eyes. "Promise us that you won't leave OuterBanks." Sarah spoke and took her head away from Kiara's. She leaned against the large counter top, staring at the both of us with love forming in her brown eyes. I nodded my head and smiled. "I promise." I said as Sarah held out her pinky. I held my pinky off to the side and intertwined mine with Sarah's.

"Okay! Let's get this dress on." Kiara spoke as she lifted her head and hands away from my shoulders. I nodded my head again and turned towards the hook that Sarah hung my dress up on. I grasped it up in my hands and headed back into the bathroom. Sarah and Kiara sat on the bed, waiting to see the dress reveal on me. I slipped the skin tight crop top off of my chest alongside the denim shorts I had worn. Dropping them on the floor, I took the dress off the hanger and unzipped the side. I pulled the dress up over my hips and upwards to my shoulders. The dress covered my curves almost perfectly, gripped against my waist flatteringly. My curled hair laid against my back while I zipped up side. My hands ran on top of the soft surface of the clothing to flatten any bumps. I stared at myself and smiled. I opened the bathroom door to reveal myself to my friends that's sat on the bed, waiting to see my outfit. I twirled around as they stared at me with a large smile forming on their faces. I smiled and stopped twirling, showing them the dress and the small details that it had on the surface.

Kiara and Sarah had stared at me almost like they were in disbelief. The dress was beautiful but I didn't think it was jaw-dropping beautiful on me. I was by no means a model, nonetheless the prettiest girl in OuterBanks because I always thought that Sarah and Kiara were. "You look so perfect!" Sarah spoke and smiled as she stared at the detailing on the dress. "She's going to pick up men in this dress." Kiara joked as she looked at the dress like Sarah had been doing. I shook my head and leaned against the door frame. "About that." I told them in nervousness about telling them Rafe and I. I didn't know how they would react but I also couldn't keep lying to them much longer. Sarah and Kiara narrowed their eyebrows in confusion and stared back up towards my green eyes. "I have a date." I said with a small smile forming against my face, showing them the dimples that were engraved into my cheeks. Kiara looked at me with disbelief forming in her eyes. "Who?" Kiara asked in an attempt to make me spill the secret much faster. "You both can't get upset with me okay?" I asked them and tried to avoid them becoming angry with me by any means. I couldn't stand fighting with them and didn't want that to come to that.

Sarah nodded her head in understandable relief. Kiara furrowed her brown eyebrows and looked at me. "You know I'll support you but I don't want to tell you 'I told you so' either." She spoke and tucked a strand of loose hair behind her ear. I shook my head at her. "Rafe asked me to be his date to midsummers." I told them as Sarah sighed in relief. Kiara widened her eyes. "Huh?" She asked out loud as she stared at me in pure confusion. "That's not it though. Rafe and I started dating a couple days ago with the intentions of hiding it for a while but JJ pulled it out of me. I couldn't hide it from you guys anymore either." I explained as Sarah and Kiara widened both of their eyes in disbelief once again. I bit the inside of my cheek and thought about what to say. "But! I didn't want to date him unless he promised to leave all of my friends alone. That's why he fought topper the other day." I explained again. Sarah shook her head as she turned to look at Kiara, forming a smile on her face. "How much do you want to bet that I'll be an aunt before you?" Sarah laughed as she bumped Kiara with her elbow. Kiara shook her head and tried to avoid laughing at Sarah's comment.