"What the fuck, Kiara," You mumble into your pillow once you saw it was her.

"It's Monday, we have school."

You wanted to die, quickly and right now, in your sleep preferably. Your bed had never felt more comfortable, you felt like you had just closed your eyes and here this bitch was waking you from your slumber.

You physically could not open your eyes, they felt permanently shut. You felt yourself drift...

"Y/n!"

"Oh my god!" You cried out, "Okay, okay, I swear if John B and Jayj, aren't getting the same treatment I'm suing."

You rubbed your eyes, feeling your eyesight get better, you needed to wash your face. You changed into jeans and a grey cotton long-sleeve, the autumn air coming in, allowing you to wear your cozy clothing without dying of heatstroke.

You wobble your way to the bathroom about to open the door when it opens for you, your eyes widen before you as a familiar blond (who you still weren't talking to) appears before you, you both switch places and you shut the door. You quickly freshened up and went back to your room, snatching up your bookbag from the floor.

"We have a geometry test in 30 minutes," Pope informs John B, dragging him along and pulling JJ by his collar into the Twinkie.

You stayed behind, catching a ride with Kie, the both of you didn't have a test in the morning and decided you can be late to first period and homeroom to buy some groceries.

Kie insisted she pays, she saw how empty the fridge was before she woke you up and wanted to do something about it.

"You seriously don't have to do that," You protest as she pulls out a credit card.

She gives you a look, "I can't just let you guys starve, now c'mon let's drop this off before we're even more late."

~~~

After school, with a full fridge, you eat a bowl of fruit you picked out at the store as Pope explains how Mr. Sunn pulled them into his classroom and gave them Denmark Tanny's diary.

"August 15th set sail from Port-au-prince on calm seas." Pope Reads, "Came upon the Spanish ship San Jose on fire, the entire deck was aflame and we could hear the screams of men trapped below. The Spanish Captain cared about only one thing; his valuable cargo, the Cross of Santo Domingo, and countless bars of gold."

"Once the cargo was on board we went to help the crew but Captain Limberey ordered us to pull bayonets and not to let any of the Spanish crew on board. He robbed them and left them to die."

"So it didn't go down off Bermuda," JJ confirmed.

"And it was a Limberey, stealing shit again," Kie scoffed.

Pope nods, "This diary proves that both the gold and the Cross of Santo Domingo were on the Royal Merchant."

"Why didn't we find it in the well then?" JJ asked. "If Denmark was able to get this bedazzled cross off of the Merchant to shore, why didn't he just hide it with the gold?"

"Because it was too big," You piece his question together. "He had to hide it someplace else, obviously."

"But where?" John B questions.

"Right before he was hung, Denmark said he'd buried the treasure at the foot of the angel," Pope explains.

"I thought this was about the key," JJ looks confused.

"Right, so what's the connection?" Kie observes.

Pope repeats the line, "'The path to the tomb begins in the island room.'"