6. Parcel 9

The entire ride to the mansion you were filled with dread and embarrassment for what was to come. You were going to be living in the same house as a boy you've had a complicated relationship with and a girl who you didn't like because she was alive and living well and for a mistake, she may or may not have made. Just like John B you were protective over your family, you won't apologize for it but it would make things awkward during your stay here. Ward Cameron pulled up on the round-a-bout, parking the expensive car in front of the entrance. 

"Welcome home kids," He grinned at you and John B. You didn't know what there was about him but you couldn't shake the feeling that there was something was off about him, you disregarded the thought as nerves for being in a "stranger's" home. 

Sarah greeted the both of you at the door, you assumed the only reason she was playing nice with you was because of her involvement with your brother but so long as she was playing her part, you would too. At least while you were still living with her, you did have manners you know? 

"This is your room," She led John B to one of the guest rooms on the first floor close to the front entrance. You stayed leaning against the door frame as John B took a look around his new room. "It's not too shabby, huh?"

John B tossed his bookbag on the neatly dressed bed, "Yeah not too shabby at all." 

Your brother threw himself onto the bed, Sarah leaned over the side of it saying, "And my room was just upstairs in case you were wondering." 

"You good bro?" You questioned as he struggled to get up from his position. 

"Yeah, I'm good," He and Sarah are face to face, you avert your gaze from them as she flirts with him. 

"But I gotta warn you, I sleepwalk so if I show up in your room in the middle of the night--"

"You want me to just roll with it?" 

"Yeah, maybe." You hear the sound of a kiss and then the footsteps of Ward walking towards the room.

"Sarah Elizabeth Cameron," He walks past you, "You've already broken the first rule. What was the first rule? Stay out of each other's rooms, all right seriously picture that as a boundary. Yes sir?" They nod and repeat in unison, "Alright now Sarah show Y/N her room I imagine the poor girls been standing there for a minute."

Ward stays in John B's room as Sarah motions for you to follow her whispering to her dad, "Please be nice." 

You follow quickly behind Sarah up the stairs to an empty room decorated almost identical to John B's except the color scheme was a little different with lilac purple bed sheets rather than blue. 

"Here it is," She opened her arms out like a grand reveal. "The bathrooms right across from your room and unfortunately your room is a couple of doors down from Rafe's, he's barely ever home so I don't think you have to worry. And my room is on the other side of the wall so try not to snore." She attempted to crack a joke but you didn't laugh, simply just nodding along to every word she said. 

You didn't mean to be rude, you were trying to be better but you were too busy admiring the room and internally freaking out over being in the same hall as Rafe despite Sarah's reassurance. 

"Okay, well I'll leave you to it." She turned on her heel to walk out but before she did you said a quick thank you. You promised yourself you would act maturely and not cause any more drama than you already have. You were in enemy territory and you had to play your cards right while you were here. 

You settled onto the bed thinking about catching a quick nap until John B busted in your room telling you to get up and that you have places to be.