Chapter 38- Deserted

Start from the beginning

"I think you might have been a little over-aggressive with the airbending. The controls are busted." Asami picks up the radio phone which has broken into two. "Also, you broke the radio."

"Sorry," Korra shrugs. "but it's not my fault this airship's a hunk of junk."

As the airship is about to crash into a sand dune. "Hang on to something!" The ship crashes.

Korra, Asami and I climb out of the airship from the roof.

"Well. They say any landing you could walk away from is a good landing." We all stare at the vastness of the desert. "But, given our location, I'm not so sure about that."

"You're the engineer." Korra says to Asami. "What do you think? Can we get flying again?"

"It doesn't look good. Even if you metalbend the propellers back into shape, we have to dig this whole thing out of the sand." Asami said.

As the crew climb out of the airship, Korra asks. "Is everyone all right?"

"Like you care."

"What the heck happened?"

The crew member pointed to me. "I heard the avatars friend crying and when I went to check it out, they knocked me out!"

"I'm sorry. But I couldn't let you take me to the Earth Queen as a captive." Korra said. "There are dangerous forces at work that you don't know anything about."

"More dangerous than being stranded in the desert?" The other guard asked.

The captain climbs out of the airship. "Don't worry, Kong. I've radioed Ba Sing Se before we went down. We just need to sit tight. Somebody will be here to rescue us."

"I'm not waiting around for that." Korra scoffed. "We need to get out of here now."

"If we all work together, we might be able to get the ship up and running." Asami suggested.

"Not likely." Kong said. "I just tunneled out the engine room. It's like a sandbox in there."

"This ship isn't going anywhere." The captain says. "And neither are you. You're prisoners and it's our duty to transport you to the Earth Queen."

Korra smiles coyly. "You realize that I'm the Avatar, right?" She frowns and points a finger at the airmen. "You don't want to fight me."

"I'm afraid you aren't giving us much of a choice. We have our orders."

I notice a moving sand dune. "Wait, did that sand dune just move?"

"It was probably just a mirage. The desert will play tricks on you." The captain tries to brush off.

As the sand dune moves again. "That's no mirage. Look."

"I heard that since all the spirits came back, this desert has been haunted by them." Kong says.

Sarcastically, Korra says. "Oh right, so I guess that's my fault too. Do you want to help us get this ship up and running, or do you want to wait around and meet that thing?" She points to the moving sand dune.

"We want to fix the ship. Right, Cap?" The other crew members nod in unison.

The captain lightly groans. "Mm. Let's get to work."

"Everybody stand back." Korra prepares herself and bends a large air spout at the sand dune. "Fara, help me out."

✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧

In the Si Wong Desert, Asami welds the rudder. The exit hatch opens and Korra, Kong and I walk out.

"How's it looking in there?" Asami asks.

𝔽𝕒𝕣𝕒 𝕥𝕙𝕖 ℝ𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕊𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣 : 𝕀𝕣𝕠𝕙 𝕀𝕀 𝕩 𝕆𝕔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara