•eight

Minho watched as i was pulled around by the others "cute.."

----------------------------------------

"Okay guys!" Chan called for our attention
"Last race, its Y/Ns group against lee knows group!"

Chan and Changbin lined up, waiting for the staff to blow the whistle. The staff blew it loudly and the boys took off. I was cheering loudly for chan as felix and han lined up with their arms ready.

Just like last time i would be using a pool floaty and so would lee know except this time, neither of us could swim so there were no complaints (not that seungmin complained).

Chan and changbin reach to the other end of the pool. They turned around swiftly and carried on swimming, our cheers grew louder as they got closer.

"Chan! Lets go!" Felix yelled while shaking his hand. It looked like it was going to fall off. Chan was behind changbin who started fooling around because he was in front.
Chan overtook him and we got even more excited.

"Changbin! Stop fooling around!"
"Changbin!"

Han and leeknow were yelling loudly at changbin to start swimming properly. Chan made it back and felix started swimming and i got ready with my pool floaty around me.

Han started not long after and he was catching up to felix quickly. Felix saw this and swam faster. Felix got to the end before Han and turned to go back-

"I'M DOING A Y/N!"

Han threw himself on Felix pushing them both underwater. The boys started cheering while I got yelled for Felix to hurry and shake him off. They started running instead of swimming all while pushing and shoving each other. Leeknow and I looked at each other before focusing back on the boys.

Some of the boys saw this and started whispering to each other. I looked at Leeknow again and noticed his reddening ears, him hearing what the boys were whispering about behind him, I looked away-a small smile etching its way onto my face.

Chan elbowed me gently and I looked at him confused. He raised his eyebrows suggestively and glanced at Leeknow. I shook my head with a grin and focused back on the boys.

Felix wasn't far away, Han almost directly behind him. Leeknow and I started at the same time. The guys were yelling at us to win while we waddled across the pool with floaties around us. I tripped and hit my head on the wall but got up quickly. I heard the concern in their voices as i kept speed-waddling.

I looked around to find leeknow looking at me worriedly, i shook my head at him and gestured for him to carry on running- waddling. He carried on but significantly slower than before. I looked forward again and noticed some of the boys trying to come to me but chan was telling them something- probably to not come over because as soon as he stopped talking they all carried on cheering, though slightly less enthusiastic.

I made it back and the boys all crowded me.

"Are you okay?!"
"Ya! That was a hard hit!"
"You all good?"
"Stop crowding her!"

I was telling the boys i was perfectly fine and not to worry when i noticed leeknow stood off to the side with chan. They were talking but i couldnt make out what they were saying.

Seungmin grabbed my shoulder and pulled me away from the crowd. He turned me so i was facing him and he moved my wet hair to see the sore.

"Its bleeding"
The boys erupted.
"Hospital! Lets call an ambulance!"
"Ya! Wheres my phone"
"Here!"
"No! Im fine! No ambulance guys!"

I interrupted their exaggerated panic. And walked over to a staff member
"Got a bandage? Or something"

----------------------

We were now finished in the pool, my injury being the reason we left early.

I said I was fine but the boys weren't having it. Now we're handing out the jobs for our BBQ, the staff had already gotten the main things like meat, and a few more necessities and set up a long table with the BBQ off to the side a bit but still in the frame. There were bowls and plates stacked in the middle of the table and nine chairs were situated around the table. Chan passed around the bowls while I passed the plates. Me being me i gave everyone the matching plate to their bowl.

When we finished I sat down at my spot in the middle of everyone and chan started talking

"So... Who's gonna do the dishes? Changbin?"

"No! Not again!"

Everyone started laughing as he started yelling put reasons why he shouldn't do the dishes again

"I do it every day! I say no! Make Lix do it!"

"Ah! Why me changbinnie hyung?!"

The staff interrupted us

"Actually the jobs were chosen by the colours of your bowls and plates."

We all spoke in sync

"What..?" and it made the staff chuckle.

They started telling us what each colour meant and who was doing it

"Green are going to cook the food, so Lee know, Chan, and Hyunjin are cooking. Yellow are cutting everything up like vegetables, meat etcetera, This will be Felix and Han. Pink will do the dishes after, Y/N and seungmin are doing the dishes and Blue will go buy everything else that people want like drinks and a few more things for the BBQ. Jeongin and Changbin will do that now."

After the long explanation, The green team started making the basic things while the yellow team was cutting and passing them ingredients. Blue team left to get our drinks and everything else while me and seungmin sat in silence. Since the staff noticed us not knowing what to do they gave us microphones and told us to sing.

I grabbed the tablet that had songs for us to choose from. I scrolled until I found what I thought is a good song and showed it to seungmin. He nodded so I started to sing 'Lovely' by Billie Eilish and Khalid (Listen to it if you want!). Seungmin joined and we continued singing the duet. I heard Chan 'Woo!' and cheer but when i looked at the boys they all seemed in awe. I saw some of the boys had they're jaws nearly falling off and I smiled brightly while singing. When it was me singing again

Isn't it lovely? All alone

They all started hyping me up and my eyes started watering

Heart made of glass, my mind of stone

I heard their concerned whispers but chan told them that it just happens when i sing a really emotional song, which isn't wrong but right now it wasn't the reason my eyes were watering.

Tear me to pieces, skin to bone

I just felt so happy that i had people to hype me up, even if i hadn't known them for long it seemed like i'd been with them for years. Like a family

Hello, welcome home...

1169 words

A/N: I know it seems like its not a slowburn but its more like they like each other fast but go slow? i don't know how to explain without spoiling things so that's my explanation. the one that literally no one asked for.