Chapter 9: Lost Costello

Okay I understand that you like the story and all that bullshit.
I also understand I update slow but you have no right to tell me I'm worthless and stupid.
My iPad broke that's why updates are slow.
Also I'm a colleges student. Therefore, I'm broke as hell and I haven't had time to replace it.
Quit the DMs filled with HATE.
It has no effect on me.

You want me to bitch?
Bitch you got it.

From here on this book is pending for continuation...until when you ask?
Until I feel appreciated. I mean damn. I'm not paid for this but I still do it to entertain you folks.
If not gratitude at least give me respect.

I'm sorry to the super nice readers that will be affected by this but recently someone's been sending me HATE and I'm sick of it.

Hunter

I walked feeling an unsettling feeling as I walked through the neighborhood...it seemed weird the usual loitering kids were nowhere to be seen but I didn't put much thought into it...in fact the only reason I'm sent home early from basketball practice because my head was in the gutter because of certain boot clad dancer.

I was brought out of my revelry when sirens sounded as ambulance cars zoomed passed me on the side walk...what the fuck was going on?! I walked a faster pace only to see my mother in hysterics in front of our house staring at Cas' place in horror as police officers interrogated her. Colton was by her side holding a puppy that was all too familiar

"Danger" I muttered in recognition as I saw pup whine out in agony. It's paw had been bandaged up as it howled in misery...My family was okay but where the hell was Cassidy?!

"Mum what the fuck is going on where's Cas?!?" I asked in panic as cops raided her house and surrounded it with police tape but no Cassidy Hale was seen

"She's been shot"my mom said as Sav whimpered in her arms as they cried but I still don't get the story until Colton decided to fill in the events

"Cars lined up in her lane and men exited the vehicles....Cas had a gun in her bag and a dagger in her boot...they called her the lost Costello...I tried to help I swear but they were too many...they shot her Hunt" he cried in silent tears as he looked up at me. I dint fill the tears until the dropped to my chin.

She was The Lost Costello, the Mafia's last born. The only daughter of the Costello clan.

"Where did they take her" I asked the cop who was still asking bullshit questions that wasn't gonna help. Only Caz would know how they'd workout their plan. She knew them we didn't. She was the key.

"St. Angus hospital, I advice you to lay low son, this is a stain pretending to be smudge" he sighed before writing down on his jot pad seriously as he interrogated my mother more..oh how wrong he was. His stupid metaphor couldn't compare to what was happening right now.

Fuck that's it! Metaphors. Cassidy always did like dropping metaphors from time to time. It was her rendition of clues.

"I have to help her" I spoke turning the other way and hopping over the officers motorcycle and ring away to Cassidy. From a distance I heard Colton say 'damn that's badass'

Truthfully I had always wanted to do that. Cassidy was changing me and I wasn't sure if I liked it but at the moment it is what I want. Cassidy was all alone in the blank hospital probably scared, lonely and bored. In my haste I forgot to ask where she had been shot. I don't even know if she was conscious...all the more reason I needed to get to her

***

At the reception desk people stared at my paranoid state. I was still a little sweaty because I hadn't had time to change but I didn't think of my image right now. Caz could be at the brink of death right now the least I could think of was getting my quiff fixed.

"Cassidy Hale, I need Cassidy Hale" I slammed my palms on the desk watching the frazzled receptionist try to calm me down

"Okay relax Hun, your friend had just exited the operating room a few our back, she's fine and at the moment only family can visit her" she explained as she pushed down my shoulders but I wasn't gong to have any of her bullshit today.

"You don't fucking know her! I'm the only family she's got!" I yelled slamming my fist. Every moment I waste here could be her last breath.

"Okay okay relax. How are you related to Miss Hale?" She asked grabbing her file to check Cassidy's room number but she was still waiting for my answer, what the fuck was I supposed to say. I'm Cassidy's neighbor who she somehow managed to get white boy whipped to the point that I'm willing to saw my arm off to make her laugh.

"Fiancé" I said through gritted teeth getting more and more impatient

"Room 312 B left flank" as soon as the words left her lifts I was flying through the halls stopping at the dreadful door that held Cassidy Hale. I inhaled a deep breath as I gripped the door handle already dreading the sight that would welcome me.

Is she awake? Is her arm intact? Has she lost her foot.

I couldn't imagine the Tiny Dancer losing any of her limbs but still I know her grace wouldn't falter. I still remember her feet gliding through the floors of the familiar stadium with her loose top and high ponytail as she danced to unorthodox mix. I sighed and twisted the knob

But what met my eyes wasn't what I had expected in a million years.

What the fuck happened?