reunion pt.2

"As you were saying?" He smiled sitting back down onto the stool.

Your face was in complete shock at the man in front of you.

He sips from his coffee eyes darting back up to you, still waiting for a response.

"I-" "I-i don't-" You stuttered.

"You don't what? Know how i got here?" He smirked.

"Y-yeah." You respond heart beating outside of you chest.

"Walk with me." He stands up from the barstool placing a 10 down, saying his thanks to the owner.

He walks toward you the smell of cologne hitting like wind, he was wearing khaki-colored pants with a blue button-up.

Almost similar to yours, he begins walking outside of the café before turning around. "You coming?"

You finally get the strength to move, following behind him the bells ringing once more as you exit.

You step out the sound of your heels clicking down the step as he waits.

He begins walking down the sidewalk you had no clue what his motive was, the only thing you thought of was to cooperate.

Tracing behind him he speaks. "So if it isn't my runaway inmate, running around in mini skirts around Paris."

You swallow the lump finally mustering up some words. "A-Armin, how did you get here?

He smiles turning toward you. "You didn't think I knew what your plan was?"

He continues "You can thank me I let it happen, I knew you were planning something."

"Wait what? You knew I was gonna escape?"

"Of course I did, I was your officer did you think I didn't monitor your phone calls?"

Your eyes staring at the sidewalk still in fear "S-so you're not here to take me back?"

"See that's the tricky question, i was supposed to get you back that was my job to find the escapee but I've been considering other options."

"Other options...?" You ask facing towards him.

He stops in his track meeting eyes with yours. "Other options being i didn't "find" you."

Your eyes lit up with a glimmer of hope the sounds of his words were like heaven.

He notices the expression, "I thought about it for a while, if i brought you back you'd suffer in innocence"

"On the other hand if don't bring you back and lie i'm risking my job as well as prison time."

You took his hand squeezing it tight "Please don't bring me back there you know the story, i know i'm asking so much but please."

He looks at your hand before looking back up at you "I'll think about it." He begins resuming his trail.

The two of you began walking for another 10 minutes until finding a table to sit at.

The whole time you had your pain au chocolat bread in one hand, never getting the chance to grab your coffee.

He points to the table motioning to sit, you do so opening the bag to eat.

Armin pulls out a cigarette that was resting on his ear bringing the stick to his mouth.

"You smoke?" Before taking a bite.

"Only when i'm stressed." He takes a lighter up to the tip.

You resume eating as he inhales the tobacco, his eyes
staring at the view of France.