3

"Hey Lou, did you notice , he's not here today again?" Niall said as he sat down next to Louis on their lunch table.

Louis doesn't even look up from the book he's reading and sighs, "I know, I haven't gotten my daily dose of staring at Harry for weeks and I'm not gonna lie it is kinda putting me off my happy mood."

"Have you heard about his mum?" Niall whispers,  looking around making sure nobody is listening.

"What about her?" Louis asks, worried.

"She's been in the hospital for a while, they say some wolf attacked her. She's scarred pretty bad. I think that's what is keeping him from school, but i don't know if it's true, you know how rumours fly around this town." Niall says, shrugging.

Louis feels his heart sink. He couldn't even imagine what harry must be going through at the moment. It's not easy when your loved one isn't well. Louis doesn't say anything after that.

But wait...

"Where the hell did the wolf come from ?"

**
What Niall had told louis was infact true, louis confirms later from his mother.

"I was going to visit her today at the hospital. My poor anne. Her children must be so worried. You want to come with? I heard Gemma's in town. You kids used to be friends right?" Jay, louis' mom asks him.

Yeah thats another thing, louis and gemma were the dream team at the library quiz competitions. Gemma had chosen louis as her partner even though she was a few years older than him. She just approached him one day when he was at the library, studying, and said, "you're going to be my partner for the quiz competition. Study up. I don't like to lose."

They were undefeated for 5 years straight. All the other teams used to shiver when they found out Louis and Gemma were competing. Then Gemma left for college and well louis stopped competing. But again that was ....a while ago. You'd think louis would have at least talked to harry through this. But nope.

Louis agrees with his mother and thinks it's only right to visit his partner and offer any comfort he could.

***
Gemma smiles as she sees louis.

"How have you been little louis?" She asks as they hug each other.  She always called louis little. Itvwas just because louis was younger than her nor because he was small. Nope.

"Hey im all grown up now!" Louis says, trying to make her laugh.

She does laugh, "you'll always be my little louis."

Louis sighs but smiles back,

"I'm well, how are you? How's your mum now?" Louis asks, they were outside the room where Anne was —his mother was in the room with her. Louis didn't have it in him to go in the room where Anne lay.

"She's better now, the wound needs time to heal. She'll be alright, although it's gonna leave a scar." Gemma says, looking a bit defeated.

"She just survived a wolf attack, Gemma, she's a superwoman. The scar is just proof of that." Louis says, trying to comfort her.

"Well there's one person who might not think that way." She mumbles softly.

"What did you say?" Louis asks, unable to understand what she said .

"I said that you're right. She is a superwoman." Gemma says, looking at him smiling.

"Now tell me how has life been my little quiz partner?"

****