~ 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙉𝙞𝙣𝙚: 𝙄 𝘿𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙆𝙞𝙨𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙏𝙚𝙡𝙡 ~

Start from the beginning

Viktor's eyes widened slightly as the Ape-man and Rumor quietly argued, trying not to draw attention from the other tables. "Come on, Allison. It's not like you to do that!" Luther sighed. "What is that supposed to mean?" Allison hissed. "It is kind of weird you have a hair-trigger temper. Usually, you're the calm and collected one," Viktor reasoned.

"And look how well that turned out for me! Guys, we could go home tonight! So for the first time in days, I feel hope. Please don't step on that," Allison pleaded, tucking her sunglasses into her coat pocket. Luther and Viktor looked at each other before back to Number Three. "Okay, but we have to be smart with the way we do this. We know very little about the Sparrows," Luther caved in. "Who cares about them? I've got you guys. No one's gonna win a fight against me, Big Muscles, and my tiny badass brother," Allison replied.

"Well, when we get the briefcase, I'm gonna need it. It's my only way back to Sissy," Viktor stated. "Okay, I've got it," Allison exhaled a tired breath, hoping this little trade-off with the Sparrows would somehow work out. While the present Umbrellas were having the discussion, Astrid finally came up with an idea to make her second secret date with Sloane more romantic. The standard chocolate and dozens of roses had been used countless times by every couple in existence. But what could be more romantic than kicking it old school by putting together a mixtape?

To her luck, Astrid found a tiny radio resting on an empty table. What kind of person leaves a radio lying around?  She shrugged before bringing it over to the bar, where she had more space to put the tape together. All the romantic songs both recent and older were already lined up in her head, from Neil Diamond to Phil Collins. And as she jotted down the song lineup, she sang along to the music unaware that Luther was grabbing himself an early morning glass of liquor, and his ears perked up.

While his adoptive sister closed her eyes swaying to the beat, he gently took the headphones off her head. "Hey! Oh, it's just you," Astrid momentarily glared. "Sorry to interrupt, I was just curious what you were listening to," He explained. "Oh... nothing in particular," Astrid lied, secretly hoping he wouldn't notice the titles on the cassette cases. But the Ape-man decided to check it out for himself.

"Hang on, are you making a mixtape?" He questioned. Astrid's mouth fell halfway open, the words she attempted to say caught in her throat, leaving her a stuttering mess. "Sh-shouldn't you be preparing for the Sparrows?" She asked when she finally pulled herself together. "They won't be here for another few hours, and we still haven't decided on how we're gonna settle this," Luther explained.

"Clearly, fighting them won't solve anything. Look what happened the last time. You got a concussion and a few fractured ribs," The Shadow Girl pointed out. "It's not a concussion, just a... major headache," Luther watered it down. "Uh-huh, if you say so," Astrid squinted before turning on a new song. "Celine Dion? Okay, if you're listening to her, you must be thinking about someone," Number One said, picking up the cassette containing the tracks to Let's Talk About Love.

Astrid sucked in a breath, shaking her head. If any of my siblings should know about this, Luther's the best candidate. "Look, I don't want you to freak out, okay? But I met someone," Number Eight admitted, her cheeks turning red. "Oh? And who is the lucky guy... or girl?" he blinked. "She's a girl, and between you and me, I've never felt happier with anyone else besides her. And I thought maybe she'd like something that expresses what's in my heart,"