Chapter 12 - Schemes and Plans

Start from the beginning

I giggled in his short reply. He didn't seem to mind so I asked him.

"Kiyo. People like that are dangerous you know. They might act friendly and happy going, but deep down, they're usually the ones with schemes in mind."

"I don't know if I'm being rude when asking this but, are you implying that you're also the same, tempest-san?"

"What do you think?"

My lips curved into a grin while I looked at the uncomfortable Ayanakouji. I can feel his guard raising to the highest level and his perception was in its peak.

"I can say you're far more dangerous than her though."

That's funny hearing that from you.

"That's mean. I'm a good girl you know."

"I didn't know any single girl you can move like that though. You've dodge her like it was nothing earlier."

"Kukuku. I'm just that cool right? Thanks for the compliment."

"You talk awfully good about yourself, Tempest-san. That's something I must remember for preferences."

I laughed at his words which confused him a little bit.

"So you're taking notes about me now? Well I don't really mind. Anyway, what about you Kiyo? Are you the type who hides his true abilities?"

"What makes you think that?"

"Well you know. Chiyabashira-sensei called you out about your exam papers didn't she?"

He sighed for a moment without changing his expression.

"Are you still on about that? I've told you many times didn't I? It was a coincidence."

As we engage in a lively conversation, we've reached the destination where we have to go our separate ways. While saying our goodbyes, I spoke to Ayanokouji in a serious manner.

"Listen kiyo. There's no reason for us to worry about kushida for now. If she cause problems then you can leave it to me."

"You seem confident about that. Is it because you have the recordings?"

"Well other than that. There's something I need to tell you about."

He focused on my next word and didn't respond.

"I don't know if you already found out but there's camera installed in the corners of our classroom. Have you noticed that?"

His expression slightly changed but not that visible if one is not perceptive enough.

"Is that true? Why would the school put a camera inside a classroom though?"

"Well you see. Remember when our teacher announced the mistakes of our classmates on May 1st?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think that the teacher continuously monitored everything on our classroom? It was clearly announced in details, indicating that there's someone helping her monitor our behavior."

He seems to understand my reasoning and didn't refute.

"That's not really unbelievable. But if that's the case, then kushida made a mistake by ranting inside the classroom right?"

"Yes. But that not the problem. The school can just assume that it was just a student ranting inside the room and leave as that. We have zero points so there's no worries about losing points too."

"What are you getting at?"

"The real problem is the threat she made. She deliberately tried to force you to shut up and hide her secret by creating a blackmailing tool right?"