Chapter 7

Russia's and Philips childhood flashback.

.

.

.

.

.

Russia's POV

I hid behind my father and held on to his coat tightly as a man approached us with a warm smile. "Kamusta, Soviet!" A man with red hair shook my father's hand in a welcoming matter. "Hello, Kati." Father gently shook the Man's hand Aswell. The Man soon looked down and noticed me hiding behind my father. "Oh, is this your son?" The man looked towards me and tilted his head in confusion.

My father nodded and pushed me Infront of him and showed me to the Man, giving him a clear view. "Oh my, you must be Russia, it's quite nice to meet you." He patted my head and smiled softly at me. "Hello.." I fiddled with my hands and looked down onto the sand.

He chuckled in amusement and soon invited my Father to his house to discuss some matters. "Oh! How about your son go play with my youngest child?" Oh no.. I hate interacting with new kids! "Father... I don't want to go..." Father hummed in agreement and simply took me towards the beach where a saw another boy in my age.

The boy turned around and looked towards us with a warm smile. "Russia, you go play with him, while me and Kati discuss some matters." Father stated and left me behind with the Boy looking at me. "W-what are you looking at...?" I huffed out angrily while the Boy paused and giggled at me.

He grabbed two of hands with his and introduced himself. "I'm Philip! What's your name?" He looked into my eyes in excitement and waited for me to say something. "Uhm.. M-my name is... Russia" I stuttered and looked down again towards the sand.

"Well, it's nice to meet you Russia!" He quickly dragged me to the nearby water and sat me down on the sand. "Ever seen seashells before?" He placed his hand on the sand and started digging through it before picking up a small item. "Woah..." My eyes glistened and were mesmerized by this so-called seashell he held in his hand.

"I've n-never seen something so pretty and warm before.." I held out my hand while he placed the shell on my palm gently. "What do you mean?" I looked to my palm and caressed the surface of the shell. "W-well from where I live... It would usually be cold and windy..." "Well, that sounds lame!" I laughed at him and brushed a tear on my eye. "You know... I think I like being your friend." His smile grew wider, and he was beaming with joy and excitement. "WELL, I LIKE BEING YOUR FRIEND TOO!" He suddenly hugged me too quickly and made us fall to the sand. "Op- Sorry!" He chuckled in brushed the back of his head.

FEW HOURS LATER...

We laughed and played for hours till the sun started going down. "Russia lets go now!" My ears perked when I heard my father yell my name from the distance. I looked towards Philip with a sad look. "S-sorry Philip I have to go now." His face saddens a bit before exhaling a sad sigh. "Alright... Well, it was fun while it lasted." We both hugged each other one last time before I said my goodbyes and left with my father.

"So, Russia... Was it fun playing with him?" My father approached me and looked down at me. "Y-yeah! I really like him father!" Father looked to be puzzled but soon had a smirk plastered on his face. "Good, good... " He soon left me and went back to his office with a grin? "I wonder why father was smiling... " I shrugged it off and walked back to my room in joy. "I'm glad I finally have a friend." I laid down on my bed and closed my eyes.
_________________________________________

Update: Me and my Mom's relationship has gotten a little bit better? Although we still do fight a little now 👍