"Are you seeing lover boy today?" Leah asked.

"No, he's busy" Daena replied sadly.

"He does know its your birthday right?" Leah said placing her hands on her hips.

"No, I don't think so, I haven't mentioned it anyway, unless Joshua has but it seems like he might have forgotten"

Leah frowned at this. "I bet if you had told him he would of dropped everything"

Daena simply shrugged. "Maybe, thank you for the gift, I'm going to head off now"

Leah continued to frown at Daena. "Okay, see you tomorrow?" She replied.

Daena nodded and turned around to head home.

-

Daena had chosen to walk the long way home. She loved living in Seoul and took every opportunity she could to get out into the city.

On the way she had tried calling her parents twice but there had been no answer.

When she finally reached her front door she found a box waiting outside.

She opened the door and carefully carried the box inside placing it on the coffee table.

She opened the box and inside found a set of small books.

She pulled the out slowly one by one and realised they were photo albums. She flipped through them silently. They were all photos from her childhood, photos of her with her parents, photos of just her and some of her and Joshua.

The photos made her happy and sad at the same time. Looking back at happy memories was always a bittersweet feeling.

When she had finished looking through them she placed them carefully on the shelf beside her favourite armchair.

As Daena picked up the box to dispose of it for recycling she heard her phone start ringing from her bag.

She grabbed it and checked the caller ID before quickly answering.

"Mom?"

"Sweetheart, happy birthday" her mother exclaimed.

"Thanks Mom" Daena smiled, happy to hear her mother's voice. "Are you okay? You didn't answer earlier"

"Oh yes, sorry about that we were out" her mother explained quickly. "Did you get our gift?"

"The photos?" Daena asked. "I love them thank you"

"You are welcome" her mother replied. "I have to go now love I just wanted to call and wish you a happy birthday"

"Thanks Mom... wait, wheres Appa?" Daena asked.

"Umm.. your father isn't feeling well, he has gone for a lie down, he sends his love though" her mother explained.

"Oh..oh.. okay, give him my love, tell him I hope he feels better soon"

"I will, goodbye love" her mother said before ending the call.

Daena frowned down at her now dark phone. She got the feeling her mother wasn't telling her everything.

Brushing it off she decided to sit down and relax for the evening and watch some of her drama.

-

About half an hour after she had sat down for the evening her phone vibrated from the coffee table.

Daena leaned over and picked it up.

A message had arrived from Joshua.

'Are you home?'

Daena frowned at her phone. It was only 7pm. She was sure they had a full schedule today. Jeonghan had mentioned it last time she had seen him. It was the reason she hadn't mentioned it was her birthday, she didnt want him to feel bad.

'Yes, why?'

The response from Joshua came almost immediately.

'It's a surprise'

Daena waited for more information. But nothing followed.

Just as she settled down to watch her show again a knock sounded at her door.

She sighed and stood, crossing the room to open the door.

The now open door revealed Joshua.

"Hey, Happy Birthday" he called holding up the bags of take out he had brought with him.

Daena laughed and moved aside to let him in.

"What did you think I had forgotten?" Joshua asked as he walked into the kitchen and started to take the food out of the bag.

"I thought you were working... Jeonghan said.."

Joshua cut her off. "He is, I managed to get off early, couldn't miss your birthday"

He handed her a plate now filled with food. "Hope you're hungry" he said.