Chapter 7

Miyoung wakes up the next morning bright and early. Since she has to get styled for the show before they start filming, she goes to the kitchen and has a quick breakfast and then walks to the dressing room they set up for her.

She greets the stylists and sits down to have her makeup done after she's put on her outfit for the day. Today they put her in something a little more casual, so that she's more comfortable and is able to help the trainees with their dance when needed.

After Miyoung is done, she thanks the stylists and makes her way to the room where the trainees are waiting to start vocal training

When she gets to the door that leads to the room the trainees are in, she greets Solji and Onestar and they all walk into the room. After a quick greeting the room quiets down and they are ready to begin.

"Let's listen to the audio and sing together" Onestar  says and the trainees start singing along to the audio. Hearing them all sing at the same time caused Miyoung to cringe a little as they didn't sound very good. However, the mentors let them sing a bit more on their own in order for the trainees to get familiar with the song.

After a while Miyoung asks "Is anyone feeling confident?". As she looks at the boys she realizes that they're all avoiding eye contact like she used to do at school when she didn't want to get called on by the teacher.

Solji then breaks the awkward silence when she noticed Takuto jumping a bit in the back and decided to ask him if he wants to try. This causes Miyoung to look to her in thanks as she was glad that initial awkwardness was gone.

Takuto sings and it's obvious that he isn't the best. Nevertheless everyone cheers for him as they admire how brave he was to go first even though he's one of the youngest. Solji then proceeds to tell him how even though he doesn't know how to sing right now, they'll learn these things one by one.

This breaks the ice a bit and more trainees continue singing one by one. Miyoung isn't impressed by a lot of them, which is a bit disappointing, but there are a few diamonds in the rough.

Zhanghao then raises his hand up high, indicating that he wishes to go next. Miyoung smiles as she remembers how great his voice sounded during his demo stage. When he starts singing, he hits every note perfectly even the high ones most trainees struggled with.

"Wow, that was incredible" Miyoung says into her mic, Solji nods and adds how great his pronunciation was. Zhanghao is once again feeling confident and proud of the skills he's able to show.
Miyoung is also left proud as she's impressed that Zhanghao has such great pronunciation for someone whose first language isn't Korean.

They continue vocal practice for a while more before they move onto dance. Since Miyoung is the all rounder mentor she stays and says goodbye to Solji and Onestar as Lip J, Kooyoung and Youngjoon join her on the mini stage.

Kooyoung starts off the dance practice right away. After asking how the trainees are doing, he  demonstrates the chorus and asks the trainees to learn it in five minutes. Miyoung observes the trainees as they attempt to learn the chorus and is impressed by G group and how they're helping each other. She also spots the trainees who will probably need more help and those who are doing great on their own.

Once the five minutes are up Kooyoung asks the trainees to dance in order by star levels. The three stars go first and Miyoung watches as they all try their best. Overall they did fairly decent. Lip J calls out Gunwook and mentions how he's falling behind, and on the other hand Youngjoon compliments Matthew on how well he's doing.

After the no stars Miyoung is left very dissatisfied. She can't help but watch with a stern face as the trainees make a lot of mistakes. All the mentors express their disappointment and Miyoung even adds how they need to step it up if they want to move up from where they're at. The trainees are left shocked as they didn't expect Miyoung to be so scary, but she's doing it for them. If she babies them they'll never improve so even though it's hard for her she has to be stern.

The all stars go next and the mentors are left in even more disappointment than with the no stars. These are the trainees that are supposed to be the best, but some of them are really lacking. Kooyoung starts off by calling out Hotaek on how he's missing every beat and then calls out Yujin for being bad at dancing even though that's mostly what he got all stars for.

Miyoung just looks down and sighs a bit before telling the trainees that they need to focus. Youngjoon then says how this is an opportunity for the two stars and three stars to move up to all star. The air was tense but these are things the trainees needed to hear.

"See you again at the studio" Kooyoung finally says once they're done with dance training. Miyoung bows and says goodbye as well before making her way out of the room with the other mentors. She can't help but feel bad that she was so tough on them, but she hopes it encourages them to practice even harder.