After all he wasn't a normal man . He was as if a devil had crawled into the skin of a human .

FLASHBACK

Inara was running late for her first day of work . Her hijab took more time than she thought to look neat and surprisingly today , even her iron's wire got burnt . She had to search for hours, trying to find a presentable cloth in her almirah , in which clothes were stuffed.

She looked at her phone , which displayed the time of 9:53 am . She remembered Mira's words about the chief director.

'Inara please go on time ! And if not exactly on time ,then be a little early . He's an old man , I had initially worked under him , and he just needs a reason to nitpick and scold you for the whole day . Be careful '

Inara stopped running and took a deep breath . She stared at the stairs , which looked way too long and difficult for her , to make her reach on time . The only possible and quick way was the elevator . She went towards the way , which gestured towards the elevator sign . She was surprised to find no line , and even the senior staff were using the staircase.

"Rich people are surely health freaks" she mumbled to herself while waiting for the elevator to come down . She knew even at this young age , her knees couldn't take that much load , of walking all the way upstairs.

The elevator soon came down , and a ting sound was heard . It was vacant .

"Gosh , nobody likes elevators here?" She mumbled and was about to get into it , when she heard a whisper yell.

"Don't!" A man whispered from the side . He had curly hair which fell over his forehead and big round glasses . He had worn a cream coloured check patterned shirt with brown pants and paired it with a brown oversized sweater.

"Why?" She asked with the same whisper but then a girl from the side dragging that boy away , while complaining about how his file wasn't that perfect yesterday and he should focus more on his work.

'Weird people' she thought to herself and got inside the elevator . The doors were about to shut down , but a man put his feet in the middle . The polished black shoes had a stain of blood over them as the man walked in. He was broad and well built , and his black tuxedo hugged his muscular body perfectly . His hairs were gelled back , and his hunter eyes stared at Inara as if she was a foreign creature.

He got in and stared at her again.

"What are you doing here?" He asked her and she stared at him.

"Erm-trying to go up , you know the stairs will be a pain in the knees" she awkwardly answered.

"Does it look like I care ? Get off the lift" the man ordered .

"Scram off ! It isn't your lift, and even if it was , it can carry 12 people easily . Are you this fat that you can't let other people travel ?! But you don't look fat -" Inara said with a raised eyebrow , studying his features and looked at him up and down.

"Is the weight of the extra fat in your brain ? Because I seriously doubt something is not right up there" Inara insulted him .

"You-" before he could insult her back , the lights of the lift started flickering and a scream emerged from Inara's throat . The lift started to fall at a quick pace . She was about to lose her balance , so she held the other man's hand tightly to hold herself in space .