"den.. i- i can't.."

"oh, sorry!"

he let go, the two shared eye contact and let out a laugh.

"so, what are your plans after high school?" clementine asked.

"in all honesty, i'd rather not talk about it here." denzel replied.

"wanna head to the beach? like old times?"

"yeah.. i'd like that."

"hey, you never took my offer on the movie night, in my birthday letter

"hey, you never took my offer on the movie night, in my birthday letter." clementine realized.

the two were sitting on towels at the beach, still in their graduation attire. watching the most serene sunset they've seen in awhile.

"i knew it was you!—but, you're right, i'm so sorry. i never got a chance to reach out because of the amount of exam preparations i had for my classes, especially english." denzel explained, causing clementine to chuckle.

"it's fine, den. you don't owe anyone anything, not even me."

"clem, the gifts. i wanted to thank you—"

"den. it was your birthday i'm going to get you gifts regardless.."

"can't i say 'thank you'?"

"you're welcome." she laughed.

"you know.. i noticed that you weren't that upset over the breakup with kyren, but rather upset over something else, what happened?" denzel asked.

"i'm going to be honest with you, i paid kyren to date me because i was scared of what people would think of me if they found out i was... anyway, i'm sorry i lied to you. i wish i wasn't an asshole about it—and that i told you rather than hid it." she explained, "i was upset because of something with family. i'd rather not talk about it, though."

"i understand why you did what you did. thank you for telling me."

"of course. thank you for being there for me. i'm sorry—again..."

"don't apologize clementine. you don't owe me anything." denzel replied, repeating her words from before.

"den, promise me something, please?"

"anything, clem."

"promise me, that we'll be friends forever."

"i promise. now, my turn."

they turned to each other.

"promise me, that we'll never leave each other's side, no matter how small the situation is—also know, that i support you. you're my best friend, i will help you get through everything from now on."

they locked their pinkies together and gave each other a warming smile.

"and so will i. thank you for being so amazing, denzel—i promise."

AUTHOR SPEAKS !that's the end!!! you can go cry now

AUTHOR SPEAKS !
that's the end!!! you can go cry now