014. the third wheel

the two have been together for the next couple of weeks

the two have been together for the next couple of weeks. it's been pretty awkward for denzel, he'd been third wheeling for what felt like years. the whole situation alone caused him to distance himself and avoid them.

everytime denzel would make plans, he'd ask clementine to join him. however, her responses were always the same; 'can kyren join us?' or 'what about kyren?'. eventually he just gave up and did everything by himself.

the only good thing about this was; he'd been working on himself and his hobbies, his drawings were getting better and he practiced playing his keyboard more often.

as of now, he was drawing in his sketchbook at the beach. it was a saturday, so of course, he planned on staying later than usual.

moments later, he felt someone's presence next to him.

before he could continue his drawing, he looked towards his right, seeing the pretty girl in yellow sitting there, watching him draw.

"hey, den. wanna come over and watch some eighties films with kyren and i?" she asked.

it was clementine.

denzel shook his head in response.

"why not? i'm not trying to push you or anything—but, you're always up for a movie. you've been acting really weird lately, denzel. what's going on?"

"wasn't... watching eighties films... our thing?"

"well... yeah... but—"

"but..? it has always been our thing."

"i just thought it would be fun to introduce kyren to the things we liked.." clementine explained, causing denzel to sigh.

"it's fine. i don't want to go, though."

"oh.. okay. do you... want to be left alone?"