XX. Welcome to 1999 (Epilogue)

You peer out of the fenestrated walls, eyes glazing over the faint swinging of wooden signs and veranda covers. The ambience around you swirls like a sheer veil as you lean back into your seat, sighing out blissfully as your cooling charm beats with fervor, shielding you from the blistering heat of the summer day.

Dragging your eyes away from the bright view, you run your finger along the thick cardstock in front of you. The blocky letters begin to fade into the background of snowy mountain caps and faded waterfalls as you continue to trace your eyes over it.

'Greetings from OREGON'

You flip the postcard over and swipe a finger across the swirly letters.

'Hope you're well, kid. - A. Fiske'

A sudden thudding noise echoes across from you, and you slowly shift to sit straight as your eyes drag themselves away from the letters. You tilt your head with a coy smile as your companion leans back to get comfortable, evidently miffed by the unrelenting heat waves.

"Good to see you, B." You smile saccharinely, fingers dancing along the chilled cup in front of you.

Blaise rolls his eyes and places his own drink down on the table—iced americano, simple, bitter, and everything that Blaise wasn't. You would never understand his fascination with the drink. He huffs before smiling sarcastically at you, "Yes, how long has it been? Two days?"

"Don't whine, it's unbecoming." You mutter playfully, twirling your straw around the rim of your cup.

"Merlin, you're even starting to sound like her. Really, no wonder mother finds you so endearing." He tuts as he throws his elbow back to rest on the back of his chair.

You chuckle and shake your head, "Okay, let's digress then." You lean forward and cross your legs, "How is Draco doing? Theo is irritatingly uninformed on the topic."

"He's alright, thanks to you and Potter anyway. His father might not be facing a long sentence, but many of the elected Wizengamot heads are shifty even with your statements. Lucius Malfoy has been a slippery eel for a few years too long." He hums, face unflinching as he sips on his potent drink, "How the mighty have fallen so."

Nodding, your voice drops lower as you survey the rest of the cafe, "Azkaban will still do a number on him even with a lighter sentence. Narcissa is worried."

"As she should be," he replies curtly, "and speaking of Azkaban, how is Lord Black nowadays? He's become quite the hermit. Is he faring well?"

You sigh and rub your chin, "Yeah, he's just been busy with remodeling. He's still quite miffed that Reggie and I decided to move out."

"At least he has Potter with him." Blaise supplies, eyes darkening in rumination at the mention of Regulus. He levels you with inquisitive eyes, "Before I forget, what should I send over?"

Furrowing your eyebrows, you hum, "How do you mean?"

"Your house warming gift, daft one." He rolls his eyes lightly.

"Just bring your lovely self." You huff out.

Blaise crosses an ankle over his knee, "A vase then."

"If it clashes with the aesthetic then I'm tossing it into the basement." You warn jokingly, smiling widely at your friend.

He shakes his head with a muffled chuckle, "No worries. Anyways, you still need to unpack, right? Need any help?"

"Oh? Work not keeping you busy enough?" You rest back against your chair, head bleeding with thoughts about how taxing work has been in the past few months with the Ministry trying to dial the reconstruction process to an inconceivable pace.

𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐎𝐍  | Regulus Black x Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें