Race to the Concert

(A/N: Welcome to the chapter where everything starts to fall into place.)

•°•°•○•°•°•

Ai's POV

It all happened so fast. The ritual was just going smoothly but then it all ended in an unexpected turn. My niece decided to keep the panda form and she left mid-ritual to go to the concert with my daughter.

"Get back here!" Ming called out to them but they were already out of the gates.

"No!" she cried out in disbelief that Mei was no longer willing to redo the ritual again.

I looked over to my husband in uncertainty was we approached Ming to comfort her along with Jin while Wu, Chen, Ping, Helen, and Lily could only bombard her with critiques on not keeping Mei in line and letting her succumb to the beast, or so they called it.

"Deep breaths, Ming." "It's gonna be okay." "Calm down. Just relax." Chiang, Jin, and I tried to reassure her but it felt like she wasn't hearing us and only focusing on Wu, Chen, Ping, Helen, and Lily berating her.

From a short glance, I noticed Ming shifting her mood from sad to angry. Her amulet is also cracked, possibly due to Mei pushing her back a few moments ago.

"How could she?" Ming grunted, seething with rage as her amulet continued to break. "How could she do this... to her own... MOTHER?!"

That's when her amulet shattered, releasing her red panda spirit and bonding with her once again. We all fearfully took a step back.

"死啦..." I heard Wu mutter in fright.

"MEI-MEI!!!" Ming roared loudly, transforming into her panda, which had to be as tall as 9-story apartment building.

With that form, Ming began to stomp through the streets to where Mei and Xia were heading. Knowing what she's gonna do with Mei, we all hopped into our cars and drove to SkyDome to warn Mei and Xia of the rampaging Kaiju-sized red panda that is the former's mom and the latter's aunt.

•°•°•○•°•°•

Xia's POV

Mei and I were speeding through the streets of Toronto extremely quickly while chatting.

"Excuse us!" Mei exclaimed passing people on the streets.

"Coming through!" I called out to them.

"Xia, I was gonna say this earlier back when we were getting ready but I'm so so sorry!" she apologized, "I shouldn't have lost control back at Tyler's party like that and hurt you. I hope your face is okay now!"

"It's alright, Mei, but I'm sorry too!" I apologized as well, "I shouldn't have tried to split up you and Tyler and it was a really stupid idea because I should've known it would hurt me. But I'm fine now, thanks!"

"I forgive you!" Mei smiled as we continued running.

Unfortunately the sidewalk got too crowded so Mei ran onto the road. Many cars were beeping us and getting annoyed.

"I have an idea. Xia, I'll jump up onto the buildings and you'll have to hold my hand!" she instructed.

"Okay!" I nodded.

Determined, Mei ran up to the junction and leaped over a tram. She poofed back into her human form and I held her hand in the air. It was scary and felt like everything was happening in slow motion. But it felt so amazing at the same time. The red moon was shining above us and we felt like we were flying and on top of the world!