Friends and Family

General POV

Xia, Mei, and the rest of their friend group were walking home from another busy day at school. The cousins were busy chatting until they were both grabbed by their bags. The six of them crawled by our local shop, Daisy Mart. Xia and Mei were confused about why we had to whisper and crawl and what they were gonna show us. The six girls poked their heads from around the corner to see what they were looking at.

"Devon," Miriam sighed, happily.

There was a young man at the counter. Xia and Mei exchanged looks as if to say, "Why him?"

"My mum cuts his hair at the salon, and I felt it. It's very soft!" Abby whispered excitedly.

"Whoa, can I have some?" Priya sighed.

"Yeah, Abby, hook a sister up!" Miriam whispered.

"Ugh!" Xia and Mei groaned at the same time in disgust.

"Guys, what do you even see in him?" Xia asked confusedly.

"He looks like a hobo," Mei told them.

"A hot hobo!" Abby exclaimed.

"Devon is amazing. He donated money for the zoo last week. He even helped in raising awareness of the endangered Bengal tiger." Kendra chimed in.

"May I remind you what real men look like?" Mei smiled, taking out my 4★Town magazine and showing it to them.

"4★Town!" the three of them sighed.

"That's right! 4★Town!" Xia exclaimed before opening the magazine with Mei.

"Jesse went to art school," Mei said in a dramatic voice.

"Tae Young fosters injured doves!" Xia sighed. He was her favorite member.

"Robaire speaks French!" she sighed. He was her favorite member.

"And Aaron T and Aaron Z are like, really talented too!" Xia smiled.

"We are 4★Townies, remember?" Mei reminded them

"Ride or die!" the two cousins exclaimed.

The four of them were grinning but then Priya's smile faded.

"Yeah, but tickets to 4★Town are like, a bajillion dollars and Devon's right here," she told us.

"And free!" Abby shouted.

Before Xia or Mei could reply, they could hear the tram stopping nearby.

"Ah, fudgesicles! Cone on, Mei. We gotta go!" Xia exclaimed while we started running to catch our tram.

"Wait! We're going to karaoke today!" Miriam told them.

"Yeah!" Abby shouted.

"They already have new songs on the roster." Kendra added.

"Come with us." Priya requested, "Please!"

The four of them started doing puppy dog eyes at the two cousins.

"We... can't." Mei sighed, "It's cleaning day."

"Guys, everyday is cleaning day." Miriam complained, "Can't you two get one afternoon off?"

Xia sighed, she did have a point.

"Well, we could ask our parents to go. What do you think, cous?" Xia suggested.

"But, I like cleaning," she told them and then gasped, "Plus, me and Xia got this new feather duster and oh my gosh, you guys! It picks up so much dirt, it's bananas!"