Chapter 19 - Wrap It Up

Sam couldn't believe it was only Wednesday, so much had happened in the span of only four days. It was 7:30am, she had gotten a text message from Richard that he would stop by the house that morning and he would explain everything and he was sorry for all the confusion. Sam read his message the night before and didn't so much as respond, he had messaged again saying he was on his way.

Sam took out a bottle of champagne and a bottle of organic peach juice. She grabbed a glass from her cupboard and poured more champagne than peach juice and took a seat at her marbled kitchen island, the one Richard did not want to buy because he couldn't understand why it cost so much. Then it was the very same island he would brag to all his friends that it was real marble and how expensive it was. She was wearing an extra wide legged charcoal grey pair of slacks with a matching button down strapless vest, she looked very professional and very dressed up at the same time. Sam had her hair is a very slick low bun and wore large gold earrings that were in the shape of a tree, she wore no makeup except mascara and lip gloss.

She sipped her drink and checked her watch, her phone went off and it was a text message from Ethan.

[ Wanna get breakfast, I have training right now but I'll be done in about three hours ] Ethan

[ In three hours it will be lunch time Ethan ] Sam

[ Whatever it is in three hours we'll do that ] Ethan

[ The way you can't just admit that you're wrong ] Sam

[ Would you like a cookie for getting the time right, you'll probably be late anyway ] Ethan

[Bet! ] Sam

[ What are we betting ] Ethan

[ Let me think about it ] Sam

[ Sam that's not how bets work ] Ethan

Before Sam could respond her phone rang it was Richard, she looked at it and considered answering but instead walked over to the front door and opened it. There was Richard standing looking from his phone to Sam as if he were some lost child who was finally returned home by his kidnapper. He had a some sort of drink in his hand, it was an overpriced latte of some sort she could tell by the cup.

"Hi Sam" Richard said in a low tone, a very different tone than the Richard who told her, her dress looked like a shower curtain a few weeks ago.

Sam left the door open and walked back to the kitchen and he followed her closing the door behind him. Sam sat back at her spot at the kitchen table and continued ti sip her drink like the interaction between her and Richard didn't happen.

"I brought you your favorite drink from the cafe you like" Richard said placing the drink next to her

Sam looked at it and in one quick motion sent it flying across the room with the flick of her wrist. She looked at him calmly sat back in her chair and chuckled.

"Why are we pretending to like each other. You weren't taking my calls, lied about your whereabouts and was shacked up in a hotel with a woman. Why don't you tell me about that" Sam told him

Richard signed and sat beside her, he took her free hand in his. "Sam I'm sorry, it's not even what you think" Richard begged

"Richard I'm not thinking I'm asking and if you don't answer quick I'm going to start throwing and lighting. I will light this entire house on fire with the both of us in it"

"Calm down Sam, you know you will always have a place in my heart"

"Richard do I look like a woman who wants a piece of anything, I want the whole thing or nothing" Sam got up taking her and with her, she circled the counter until she was in front of Richard on the other side.