Chapter 14

Angel stood there staring at Tate in shock. "So, killing me was the only option you thought you had? Because of you, I won't get to grow old, or get married, or make something of myself. Because of you, my parents had to suffer the painful loss of a daughter, whom they love very much. All because of your selfish reasoning. How can you live with yourself knowing that you caused someone else so much pain?!?"

"Say what you will about me, but it doesn't change the way that I feel about you. Not one bit. You are the only girl that I have ever loved. You were nothing like the other girls who would take one look at me; and they would have nothing but horrible things to say about me. You actually took the time to talk to me, and get to know me as a person," Tate said.

"You didn't exactly give friendly vibes to everyone who glanced your way. Sometimes I wonder if I would be alive, had I not been assigned to help you get caught up in our English class," Angel said.

"Probably not. Because I would have found a reason to talk to you. Why can't you just accept what happened and move on already," Tate asked.

"Why the hell should I? Especially when you are stuck in your murderous ways, killing every person who is unfortunate to buy this place, not knowing the evil that walks the damn halls. Maybe when you stop murdering innocent people, then I will accept what you did and move on from it. But until then, I'm going to question everything that you say to me. I'm going to have a bit of a hard time believing you," Angel said.

"You will come around. You will come to your senses when it comes to me. You will see. You will see that everything that I did, I did it for the good of people. But until then, keep lying to yourself about me, and everything that I have done," Tate snapped.

"It's not lies if everything that you have done is only pointed to the fact that you can't help yourself, when you see an opportunity to kill someone. You are the first to jump on it without a second thought about it. It's like it's a natural thing for you that you can't help but do. If you don't take the time to kill someone, you will keep thinking about it, until it eventually breaks down all yourself control and you give into the strong urge to kill," Angel snapped at Tate.

"I do what I do to keep us safe. If we allow the living to see us, and they realize what we are they might call someone to exercise the house, sage it or whatever to try and get rid of us. I won't have anybody separate you and I from each other," Tate snapped back.

A few years later

"Tell me again why dad isn't helping bring groceries in the house," Violet asked as she helped her mother grab some bags from the car.

"Because your father is on a work call for his job. He said it was important for his next semester class that he is teaching," Vivien replied. "Oh don't go and tell me that you didn't enjoy a little grocery shopping with just us two girls."

"It's not that. It's just...don't you find it a bit weird that dad suddenly had to stay behind, because his boss had to speak with him about his course that he is teaching," Violet asked.

"Honey, your dad always did say that his boss had a mind of her own. He also said that he would never make any attempt to understand her," Vivien said.

"But why today of all days to want to speak to dad about the course that he's teaching," Violet questioned.

"Maybe she had to add something to the course. I'm sure your father will tell us, once he's done talking to his boss about whatever it is that she is talking to him about. There is no need to worry about what your father is talking about with his boss. It's between the two of them," Vivien explained as she and Violet entered the house making their way to the kitchen. Both Vivien and Violet started taking the groceries out of the bags, when all of a sudden Violet and Vivien heard a loud bang come from upstairs.