Stefan shot her a deadpan look.

"What happened?" the Lockwood boy asked, pulling the car to the side.

Stefan, who was shaking his head to himself in disbelief, got out of the car and opened the driver's door to look him in the eye, compelling.

"What's your name?"

"Jefferey Hamilton." he answered as if in a trance-like state.

"Full name."

"Jefferey Lockwood Hamilton."

"Any chance you're adopted?"

"No." Jefferey frowned, shaking his head. "Everyone says I look a lot like my father."

"Okay." Stefan nodded, bringing forth a syringe. "Now, like a good boy, give us some of your blood. Don't scream, don't protest. Be nice."

"He appears to be Tyler's age." Lucy commented as Jefferey began drawing out his blood.

"Cousin perhaps." Stefan shrugged, before narrowing his eyes at her playfully. "You dropped the act in between."

"It was boring."

"Remind me again whose idea it was to do the acting?"

Lucy made a thoughtful face. "Mhmm. . . Me?"

"Exactly." Stefan huffed playfully as Jefferey handed over the full syringe now, and Stefan transferred it into a glass veil, pocketing it safely.

"Now, like a good boy," Stefan leaned down to compel him, "drive us back to our car."

◇◇◆◇◆◇◇

Bad news came in the form of a phone call from V.

"It appears the witches have finally succeeded." Vaishali sighed into the call.

"What do you mean by that?" Lucy's brows furrowed in concern as Stefan shot her a glance from the wheel at her words. "What's wrong?"

"Everyone's gone. Rebekah is subdued by a wolf attack. Hayley and I nearly died in a fire. And Klaus is stabbed with an unspeakable torment causing blade and is in the hands of the witches too."

"What-?" Lucy straightened up, "Nik-? I'm coming back. What the actual fuck is going on?"

"Woah, woah, you can't come here. It's literally a war zone. Elijah didn't want any of us to tell you that because he knew you would react exactly like this. Hayley being Hayley agreed, but I had to. But not because you can come back sprinting to a death trap."

"How else do you expect me to react, V!?" Lucy exclaimed. "Look, I'll bring extra support too."

"Lucy, if you come back now, Elijah's going to kill me-"

Rest of her words were left unheard as Lucy ended the call and hastened to arrange the jet and a pilot.

'Extra support', though, meant Stefan and Bonnie.

"He knows?"

This was the first thing Lucy had asked, her face turning ghostly white when they'd reached New Orleans at the dead of the night, reaching the compound in a rush and Elijah had told her of the day's happening.

"You don't appear shocked." Elijah said slowly, looking at her inquisitively.

"I obviously knew." Lucy said quickly, darting her eyes away. "I had to know why all that happened to my father. . . happened."

"And. . . yet you chose to never tell him. . ."

"Of course I would never." she said sharply. "I would never do that to him."