1. See you later

Warning: uncomfortable scene

“I can't believe he did that.”

“It's fine Genya. I don't mind,” the young looking black haired boy replied while continuing to pack his things.

Genya sighed in frustration. Her only friend was leaving to Novyi Zem because of the general's orders.

His brother's orders.

When the tailor collapsed with a loud thud on the lad's bed, he stopped filling up his bag and gently sat next to her.

“I won't be away for a long time.”

Genya let out a bitter chuckle, “You know that's not true. Your brother is probably doing this in order to get rid of you or something.”

An annoyed sound left the lad's lips as he ran his hand through his curly hair, “He's not doing that in order to get rid of me.” He refused to believe this statement.

“Yakov.” The tailor placed her hand on his shoulder. “Are you really sure about it?”

Yes, he was ... or wasn't he?

Yakov believed in his brother and the decisions he made. But Genya's words were like a sharp knife slicing his faith.

But before he could answer the tailor's question, the doors slammed open. “Yasha, what's taking you so long. The carriage is already waiting for you.”

His brother was looking at him with an angry expression but as he noticed the woman in his presence, he added, “Genya, lovely to see you.”

The tailor stood up quickly, fear overwhelming her, “moi soverenyi, my apologies. I'm will take my leave.”

And with that she was gone.

Yakov rolled his eyes at Aleksander but stood up to continue stuffing things into his bag again.

“You came to say goodbye?”

The Shadow Summoner stood there quietly as he watched his brother. When Yakov didn't receive an answer, his head moved to look at The Darkling.

“Sasha?”

Yakov's voice broke the silence as he watched his brother with a confused expression. “Goodbyes are not needed. Soon we will reunite again,” the general said softly as he was taking small steps to Yakov.

Then Aleksander's hand took the bag from the curly haired male when he realized that Yakov was finished with packing his stuff.

“Why do I need to leave?” the boy asked, following the general out of the room.

“We already talked about this. I want to keep you safe.” Aleksander's reply made Yakov laugh, “Keep me safe? From what? The swine sitting on the throne?” The older Morozova nodded his head in agreement.