Part 6

Idk if i hate this or not...

Natasha was sat with a cup of coffee reading files when Wanda walked in hiding something behind her back, an amxious look on her face.

"Hey baby, come here." Natasha smiled opening her arms. When Wanda sat on her knee Natasha grabbed the letter with a triumphant smirk. "Natasha!" Wanda whined trying to get it back. "What is it?" Wanda sighed. "I think it's for y/n."

"Then why are you hiding it? Give it to him." Natasha said firmly. "It's from his mother, what if he can't handle it?"

"Then we will be there for him but it is his letter and his choice to read it or not."

"She wrote his old name on it." Wanda frowned, natasha looked at it in disbelief. "Bitch." Natasha huffed. "Can we give it to him together?" Wanda whispered earning a nod from the russian. "Of course."

Y/n pov

I was taking a nap in my new room when I heard a knock on my door that woke me up I pulled on my binder and a hoodie before replying.

"Come in." It felt weird to say that, back in my old home I was lucky if I still had a door, my mom always found reasons to take it, I even sometimes had to pay her to put it back on. Even when I did have a door there was no knocking she would just walk straight in and not care.

"Hey kiddo. We wanted to tell you... we are going out for dinner again tonight." I smiled, nodding slightly but the look on both their faces told me Wanda wasn't suppsed to say that. "Yes... and you got a letter." I didn't like the look on either of their faces, it made my heart drop.

"It's from your mother." Natasha added holding it out. I hesitantly took it staring at it for a few seconds. "It's your choice what you want to do with it; read it, burn it, throw it away. No matter what you want to do we are here to support you."

"I wanna open it." I looked for their reactions to see if they would get mad but all I got were smiles. "Can you stay?" At first they didn't say or do anything but pretty soon they were both sat either side of me.

I wouldnt have opened it if it was just a letter because I know what it would say, that I'm her daughter and they had no right to steal me from her. She wrote the same when I stayed with my grandparents for six months after they saw the state my house was in. But she soon cleaned up and got sober enough that I was placed back with her seeing as the temporary guardianship expired and my mother refused to sign another one. My grandparents saw my moms "sobriety" and clean house as a sign she was stable again so they didn't reapply.

But the envelope felt thicker and weird shapes in it to just be a letter so curiosity got the best of me and I opened it. There was two cards, a bunch of old photos and a locket with my dead name on it and a photo of both of us.

"Y/n, you okay?" Wanda asked placing her hand on my shoulder, "yeah." I wiped the tear from my cheek and got up. "Why would she do that?" I ask as it gets harder to breathe, it was if she was trying to hurt me by bringing back all those bad memories. I knew no matter how far I was away from her she would always have the power to hurt me. "I don't know kiddo." Nat frowned. "But I promise you're safe here."

After I had calmed down I asked with a small smirk. "Can I still burn stuff?" Natasha's eyes lit up a little, "Wands can we please?" We both begged like kids in a Candy store until Wanda gave in. "Okay, but take it outside and don't go too close."

I threw the locket in the trash on my way out with Nat. The stack of photos in my pocket and the cards in my hand, before i threw them in the fire Nat made I noticed one of the cards wasn't actually adressed to me. "Nat it is for you."

She opened it and was smiling for a while until she looked at the bottom. "It wasn't for me." I frowned. "My son is y/n not that." I looked at her confused until she showed me the card.

It mostly thanked her for taking in her child to a nice home whilst adding some excuses and saying that it was only temporary but it was overall nice until it said. "Thank you for looking after MY ****" with the last part capitalised.

Once she knew I read it she threw it into the fire. "That is not you anymore kiddo, not if you don't want it to be. You can be whoever you want to be."

In a way I was lucky with the name my mother chose for me, in that it was mostly a girls name but it was also used for boys so it was easy to come up with the excuse that I changed it due to trauma, which Nat and Wanda thankfully understood and respected.

I started throwing all the pictures into the fire until i got to the last two. They were both from the time me and my birth parents went to disney land for the first time. The first was of me on my dads shoulders, he was wearing a woody costume and I was buzz lightyear and my mom was jessie. The second was the same day but we werent in costumes anymore yet we still looked so happy. I couldn't throw it in the fire, I gave nat a helpless look silently asking her to do it but she shook her head. "It's okay to hold on a little. Moving on doesn't mean completely forgetting. Sometimes two is a good number to keep with you." I frowned at her but she took out her wallet, pulling two strips of photos. "I was adopted too, but that family's gone. This one is my parents alexei and melina."

"Who is that?" I asked pointing at the blonde girl stood next to Natasha. "She was my sister, yelena." She replied showing me the other strip of photos. "You don't have to let go completely, you and Wanda will always be my family but they will always be my first one as long as I want them to be."

"You and Wanda will always be my family too."