Betrayed -pt 3-

Part 28
***
"Hey, Tony... Steve... anyone. This is Clint, does anyone copy?"

You watched Clint from your spot on a desk chair, his finger pressed to his ear to keep the channel open to hopeful reach one of your teammates. Luck would have it that the first place you looked had exactly what you needed. It felt like this was the first time since your snap had gone to sh*t that something had actually gone your way. While Clint tried to reach the others, Nebula was working on getting some of the other earpieces to work, Gamora was standing guard at the door, and you were just resting.

"This is Clint, does anyone copy? Natasha? Bruce?" He says again, letting a few seconds of silence pass to wait for a response. "Sh*t.." He sighs, not having any luck it seems.

You frown, moving to sit up a little bit in the chair. The morphine had made your limbs heavy, and getting too comfortable in the chair was making you want to sleep. "Nothing coming through?" You ask him. Even if he wasn't getting voices, radio feedback or other sounds could still be useful. The others could simply have their channel muted.

"Nope. Just empty static. Hopefully we just don't have the right channel." He tried a few more, pacing the room slightly. "This is Clint, anyone copy?" He keeps saying.

You start to drift off a little bit once again, listening to Clint repeat himself over and over. Right as you thought you were drifting off, a loud boom in the distance pulls you out of sleep. "What was that?" You question, alert once more.

"Don't know.." Clint says, looking in the direction where the sound came from. "Stay here. I'm gonna check it out." He starts to head towards the door, making you perk up even more.

"What exactly do you mean by check it out?" You question him, not liking the idea of him heading off on his own. He was capable, but you still didn't like the idea.

"Relax, I'm just gonna look out a window." He tells you. "Try to find what made the sound, see how much damage Thanos has done. Maybe if the others are outside, I'll see them too." He says, getting his sword out and looking at the other women. "Stay with her. Keep her safe."

"I'm not defenseless, Barton." You cross your arms, and Clint flashes you a smile.

"Course not, dearest." Before you can think up a retort, he's already gone, making you huff.

"At least he cares." Gamora hums, making you chuckle.

"Yeah, his heart is in the right place. He's just a nervous dad and a protective husband." You sigh, getting settled back into your chair. You might as well get comfy while you waited.

"Is this your first kid?" She asks, making small talk.

"My first kid. His fourth. Guess that means I should listen to him since he's supposed to know what he's doing." You chuckle, moving a hand over your belly. It was so tight feeling and you knew you'd be in so much pain if it weren't for the morphine. Even then, you still had a dull ache in your gut and back.

Gamora notices your hand placement and smiles just a bit. "I see. How are you holding up?"

"Mostly tired now." You answer. "Lotta energy going into this," you pat your baby bump, "and the morphine isn't helping at all. I just wanna sleep."

Before Gamora can respond, Clint is back already. "Hey, you gotta see this." He says, making his way over to you to help you up. "Outside looks nuts." He holds out his hand for you to take but then notices your hand on your belly and his brow furrows. "Hey, you good?" His bends down to your level, his hands covering yours. "Is it hurting again?"

You give him a smile and take his hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "No, no pain, Clint. At least not anything like before. I was just feeling the baby." The worry lines in his features soften as you squeeze his hand, and his look of worry turns into one of adoration instead. "Now what'd you wanna show us?" You ask him, redirecting the topic.