Menswear

Description: You're off to Manchester for your Aunt and Uncle's wedding and nothing is ever simple when you and Matty are involved. With your history something is always bound to happen, whether that is subtle teasing touches, secret flirting, or something more. And after everything, you can't carry on ignoring it because your heart's not immune to his effect and just how happy he makes you. 

A/N: Hey besties, i'm backkkk. So, if you've read Nothing Revealed In A Common Crisis, you have read this before. I wanted to put this out as it's own oneshot because I understand not everyone wants to commit to a large fic but I think this part at least deserves to be it's own thing. I originally released this back in July 2021 and there's been an oddly similar fic since with very similar characters and with not even a tag it feels like common crisis has been ripped off, so I want to give nriacc that little bit more exposure too because it's the og. The only context you need going into this is Alex is one of the OC's best mates, Matty's nickname for this OC is Wheels (hence why I call her that), and Wheels is Adam's cousin. Really hope you enjoy if you've not read it before or if you're having a reread. Thanks a million for reading x

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Whilst unpacking all of his boxes into his new flat, Alex finds a book which he was going to send to you a month ago. It's the last one he read and annotated before his break-up and move back to the UK but he never got a chance to send it over to you before it was thrown into a box to bring back home. And Alex gets a little emotional at the thought of giving it to you.

Alex debates whether he should even give it to you or not but in the long run he knows he'd regret not gifting it to you. So that was what brought him over to your flat again a few days later despite him knowing that you were going over to Manchester today.

So around noon, Alex heads over to your flat to give you your last book he'd yet to give you. He just hopes you're still around.

He lets himself into the building as he still had his own keys because after moving out you just told him to keep them. But Alex decided to knock on your door before he let himself in with that set of keys, just so he didn't scare you.

Just as he knocks, Alex realised that your door is already open as you must have left it on the latch. And just as he starts to push the door open, he hears you call out that, "It's open!"

He walks in, closing the door behind him, leaving it on the latch for you like you wanted it as he walks down the short hallway into your lounge. He looks around for you as he calls out, "Hey Angel."

"Al?" You call out from your room confused and you poke your head out seeing the singer standing in your lounge.

"You okay Y/N/N?" Alex says walking towards you to meet you in your doorway.

You meet in the middle and you hug each other as you tell him, "I'm good, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm great thanks," Alex says as he lets you escape from the hug.

You both head into your room then as you ask your best friend, "You know I'm going away today, right?"

"I do, it's why I'm here actually," Alex tells you as he watches you start to last minute pack stuff into your suitcase.

Alex chuckles to himself. The suitcase is the size of something he would take away with him on tour for months on end, not something you'd take for a week in Manchester.

You raise your eyebrows, curious for him to continue and Alex does, "I came to say bye, but also to give you this."

Alex holds the novel out to you then and you abandon your case to collect it from him. As you take it, you ask, "What's this?"