Don't go

A/N: This isn't exactly a continuation of the previous chapter

You feel the warmth of blood trickling down your side flowing freely, staining your shirt and running down your skin. The pain in your side is excruciating, a searing sensation that's spreading throughout your body.

You know you're dying, but you refuse to close your eyes, not yet. You have to stay awake, have to hold on just a little bit longer. Your gaze drifted to Hunter, you can see the fear and sadness in his eyes. He knows it's too late.

"Hey, hey, stay with me," he pleads, his voice cracking. "You can't leave me, I can't lose you. Not now, not ever," panic seeping through his voice, his strong arms wrapping around you to hold you up

You manage to give him a weak smile, trying to reassure him that everything will be alright. But you know it's a lie. You're fading fast, your strength leaving you with every breath.

Hunter's arms are wrapped tightly around you, and you can feel his body shaking with sobs. He's trying to stop the bleeding, but it's too much. You can feel yourself slipping away, the darkness creeping in at the edges of your vision. You can hear Hunter's sobs, the sound breaking your heart. You don't want to leave him, don't want to make him suffer like this.

"Hey," you whisper, your voice barely audible. "It's okay. You'll be okay."

Hunter shakes his head, his tears falling onto your face. "No, it's not okay. You're dying, and I can't do anything to save you. I should have protected you. I should have been more careful."

You reach up and cup his right cheek, tracing your fingers over his scar, smiling weakly. "You did everything you could," you whisper."You saved me, Hunter. You saved me from a life of loneliness and pain. You gave me something to live for."

Hunter's expression is one of anguish as he watches you slip away, as he cradles you in his arms with your blood seeping onto his clothes "I love you," he whispers, his voice choked with emotion. "Please don't leave me."

You can feel the agony of your own body shutting down, a sickening sensation that crawls through your veins. Your vision is blurring, and you can hear Hunter's voice, desperate and frantic, but it's becoming harder and harder to make out what he's saying. Sounding more and more distant and soon you weren’t able to hear anything.

You close your eyes, your final breath leaving your body.You're at peace now, free from pain and suffering. But you can't help feeling a twinge of regret as you realize that you're leaving behind the person you love the most.