10. accepting the risk

CHAPTER TEN. accepting the risk

"Steve, you don't need me to come with you to buy flowers."

Juno was in the kitchen, eating a bowl of cereal. Steve was stressing out over Nancy and decided that the best way to win back the girl's heart was to buy her some flowers.

"Why? You got something better to do?" Steve replied, raising his eyebrows. "I just thought we could spend some time together outside of the house."

Juno smiled. "Sure. But don't expect me to pick out the flowers, I don't know anything about that stuff."

Steve grinned. "Don't worry, i've got it covered."

【 · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. 】

As they walked into the flower shop, Steve's confidence faltered. Juno couldn't help but laugh at his expression as he looked at the many different bouquets and arrangements.

"I thought you had it covered," Juno teased.

Steve scowled. "Shut up. This is harder than it looks."

Juno grinned and walked over to a display of roses. "What about these? Nancy always loved roses."

Steve smiled gratefully and picked up the bouquet. "Perfect."

"I'm surprised you didn't just try to win Nancy back with your hair alone." Juno teased, walking over to the counter.

Steve sighed. "Very funny. But, I'm serious about this, Ju. I screwed up with Nancy and want to make it right."

Juno's expression softened. She gave Steve a small smile. "I know, Steve. And I think it's really cool that you're trying to make things right. Just. . . don't forget that Nancy isn't the only one who cares about you, okay?"

Steve looked down at his sister with a smile. "I won't"

【 · 。゚➶ ˚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. 】

Steve and Juno pulled up outside the Wheeler residence. Juno stayed in the car as her brother got out. She leaned into the seat, looking out the window.

Minutes later, Dustin was in front of her window, pulling the door open.

"Dustin?" Juno sat up.

"Juno! Good, you're here too." Dustin smiled before turning back to Steve, who stood with a slightly dazed expression.