03. costumes and nicknames

CHAPTER THREE. costumes and nicknames

❝ sharing my heart, it's tearing me apart ❞

【 ✧ .* : ·゚: *✧·゚:* ❃ 。˚】

AFTER SCHOOL, Juno had gone home to frantically try and put a costume together.

As much as she loved the candy part of trick-or-treating, she wasn't overly fond of costumes.

In previous years she'd normally just have gone as something easy, like a witch or a vampire, but seeing as she'd grown out of her old witch dress and lost her fake fangs, she'd have to think of something else.

She rummaged around in her wardrobe until she came across a white dress with thin shoulder straps. She knew there was red dye somewhere in the house, so she settled for going as Carrie.

It only took her a few minutes to splotch red dots onto the dress. All she had to do next was find some sort of tiara. Her parents weren't home, as per usual, so she decided to go into her mother's closet and borrow the small silver one she'd never worn.

Her father's job as a high-paid accountant required for him to be away on conferences constantly, and her mother always went with him.

Steve had once told her he thought she went because she didn't trust him not to have an affair, but Juno didn't think that was the reason.

The days when they were home were always the worst for Juno. She'd always had a bad relationship with them, but the former months had made being around them unbearable.

"Ju, if you still want a ride I'm leaving in five minutes!" Steve shouted from the living room downstairs.

Now that her costume was all ready, she put it on, carefully slipping into the dress and placing the tiara on the crown of her head.

"Yeah, I'm coming!" She replied, hastily grabbing a small bag from the back of her closet and hurrying downstairs.

【 · 。゚➶ ˚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. 】

"Now remember, I'm at a party until late, so if you finish trick-or-treating early you'll have to walk home," Steve stated as Juno stared out the front of his car.