A spoiled brat leeching his parents' money

Sunny approached his sister and felt his muscles tense. He tried to relax himself. It's just Mari. His sister. Nothing to fear.

"Really? You're positive he didn't ask you?" Mari said as Sunny walked into earshot. Frozen again, a meter or so away. Whoops. Maybe not the best lie he ever told.

Basil decided to stand next to Sunny, and the pair silently waited behind Mari. Sunny out of fear, and Basil to be polite to Sunny.

"Alright then, make sure to call me if they come back! Thank you, Miss Nga!" Mari turned to leave but bumped into Sunny and Basil, almost literally. "Oh, hey you guys!"

Sunny stayed silent, so Basil was cornered into the awkward greeting. "O-Oh, hey Mari!"

"So, Polly said you didn't ask her, so I guess she must've misheard you. Good thing I came over, huh?" Mari smiled with an all-too-familiar false smile.

Sunny felt chills. "Mari, didn't you have a meeting with your old piano teacher today?"

"Nope, why?" Mari replied without skipping a beat.

"Oh. I thought you did." Sunny spoke, partly to himself with confusion.

"Weird. I guess you just got confused, silly cutie." Mari mussed up Sunny's hair. He flinched at her touch.

He felt that he needed to stop psyching himself out. His sister wasn't doing anything weird or wrong. Sunny tried to shake himself out of it, but he couldn't shake that nagging feeling...

"Hey, Mari, have you seen Aubrey's Uncle's calliope? She brought it by a bit earlier!" Basil tried to redirect her.

"Oh, no, I haven't. Should we go down and see it?" Mari pressed. Sunny felt put off by her demeanour. Something just felt wrong here.

"Ah, Sunny got anxious on the way there, so we came back." Basil divulged.

Sunny noticed he unconsciously clenched his fists, and he released them. His nails had slightly dug into his palms. Sunny tried to stop feeling so tense.

"Are you okay, Sunny?" Mari touched his cheek and looked him in the eyes. Sunny felt slightly nauseous.

"I-I'm fine." Sunny answered.

Basil grasped Sunny's hand, comforting him. He started to calm himself down. Breathing in and out. In... and out...

Sunny sighed. "Let's go inside, Basil." Sunny said quietly. He moved towards the door, conscious of Mari following behind.

"Hey, Basil, still have that Wii?" Mari asked as she removed her shoes on the way in.

"Oh yeah! I forgot about that! Let me go set it up!" Basil excitedly ran towards the Wii. Sunny thought about playing together like old times. He felt a warm feeling. Things were getting better.

It was all just Sunny's imagination. There's nothing to worry about.

"I'll get us some stuff to drink. What do you guys want?" Mari asked.

"Water." Basil and Sunny replied near simultaneously. Basil giggled in his usual cute way.

"Pfft, alright, you two!" Mari headed into the kitchen.

Basil sat on the couch, which Sunny soon followed. Basil fiddled with the Wii remote until it fit into the little plastic wheel, then handed it to Sunny.

"Don't you want to be player 1?" Sunny asked Basil.

"It's okay! I'll be player 3, so I can be green." Basil placed the extra Wii remote next to himself, keeping some distance between Sunny and Mari.

Sunny felt Basil was being too sweet, but then remembered Mari was in the kitchen. "Hey, Mari!" He stood up and turned around to enter the kitchen, walking directly into Mari.

Water spilled all over the floor.

"Oh no, are you guys okay?" Basil had his hands over his mouth. Even when concerned, Sunny couldn't help but think he was adorable. In a straight way, that is. Puberty is a bitch, causing these strange and non-heterosexual thoughts.

Sunny was about to probably think of some other gay shit but noticed a strange scent in the air. The scent of something like bleach or pool water.

Sunny stood up. "Sorry, Mari."

"It's okay." Mari replied, grabbing Sunny's hand to help herself up.

"I'll get new drinks for us all. Thanks anyway, Mari. Sorry again." Sunny awkwardly said as he picked up the cups on the floor.

Two cupboards were ajar in the kitchen. An annoying habit of Mari's, forgetting to close the cupboards when she was done using them.

Sunny opened the cupboard below the sink. Must've been coincidence it was open. Nothing but cleaning supplies and rags. The other was the cupboard that was accurate to its name, storing cups.

Shutting the opened doors, Sunny refilled the cups with water from the fridge. Returning to the mess, Mari had just finished cleaning the water from the floor, Basil standing by, insisting that she did not need to.

"Got the water. Try to resist knocking me over, guys."

Basil giggled, "I'll try."

Mari's expression shifted. She looked annoyed, but it could've been the water on the floor causing the expression.

Sunny handed Basil some water, and he drank a bit. "Thank you, Sunny!" His cup was pink. Sunny and Mari had blue cups. Sitting on the couch in a blue pink blue pattern.

Sunny moved his Wii remote and clicked on MarioKart Wii, and then clicked start.

"You guys are toast." Mari snickered sinisterly. MarioKart became a battlefield of wits. Wits and also Chain Chomps in Peach's Garden.