𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

Start from the beginning

    Their ultimate goal was to restore democracy in its truest sense. But Astrid had to burst their bubble and explain the deal she had made with Anakin to allow democratic powers in the government. Anakin would be the Emperor, but he would have significantly less control. He would only be in charge of the military and would take on the job of the Chancellor.

    Astrid was apprehensive about the people accepting an Emperor, but her doubts were put to rest when the galaxy erupted in applause for Anakin's rule. Many relationships that were once broken, including that of Obi-Wan and Anakin, were now mending. The galaxy had returned to a state of relative peace, but things were still so different.

    As they looked back on the journey they had taken, it was hard to believe that they had come so far. Life had changed tremendously, but they had faced their challenges with resilience and determination. Now, as they looked to the future, they knew that there was still much work to be done, but they were ready for it.

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

One year later...

    "YES, that's perfect. Thank you so much, Diya," Astrid says, the holophone held to her ear as she sits in her new office inside the Apollo Palace. If you were to enter the grand castle, you are immediately struck by its beauty and grandeur. The walls are adorned with intricate tapestries, and the floors are made of polished stone that glimmers in the sunlight that streams through the tall, stained glass windows.

    The exterior of her office was nothing short of the rest of the palace—you could see the double doors with elaborate carvings of the royal family crest. The doors are flanked by two intricately crafted suits of armor that seem to guard the entrance. It was a spacious room that exudes elegance and luxury. The walls are lined with bookcases filled with volumes of literature, and the large wooden desk in the center of the room is made of rich mahogany and adorned with golden filigree.

    Behind the desk, there was a high-backed chair, upholstered in plush velvet with gold embroidery. The chair is situated on a raised platform that gives the occupant a commanding view of the room. The room is well-lit, with crystal chandeliers hanging from the high ceiling, casting a warm and inviting glow over the office. The curtains covering the windows are made of the finest silk, embroidered with intricate patterns and hues that add a touch of color to the room.

    The air in the room is perfumed with the scent of fragrant candles, and you can hear the soft sounds of a harp being played in the distance. On one side of the room, you can see a large fireplace with a roaring fire that provides warmth and light to the office. Above the fireplace, there is a portrait of the royal family, reminding visitors of their lineage and heritage.

    Astrid's eyes move down to the bill that the Congress of Apollo was putting together. It was one of the boring aspects of the job, nonetheless, it was extremely important and needed to be done with an extensive eye. The few changes she would make would be phoned to the Speaker of the House, Diya Greenwald, and the democratic house would debate it until it passed with the Queen's approval.

    She ends the calls shortly after, a heavy sigh leaving her lips as her head leans back onto the velvety cushion of her chair. Due to the recent change in the galaxy's government structure, Apollo itself also underwent a change. Previously, they had changed things to adapt to the new Empire, now, they were changing things to adapt to the New Republic. This meant a lot of shit went through Astrid, be it bills or pleas from small population centers in Apollo. It also meant long work hours that were enough to make Astrid want to rip out her hair.

    "And I thought my job was tiring," Anakin chuckles, entering the office. The couple had been forced to spend more time away, while Anakin was needed in Coruscant, Astrid was needed in Apollo. They both spent equally a large amount of time with Maya, they would always find time for the six-year-old. Anakin had been in Coruscant for the past week and a half due to the piling up of Senate meetings; thankfully, Padme had agreed to fill in his spot for the next two weeks.