When I open the door Carter stood there with a bouquet of sunflowers in hand.

"Girasoli per il mio girasole." The language rolls off his tongue as he spoke softly making my heart physically melt as I take the flowers from his grasp.
[Sunflowers for mi sunflower]

I did't completely understand what he said but I had an idea, and regardless it brought a soft smile to my lips that was specifically reserved him.

"Thank you, cariño." I press a kiss to his lips to which his hand gently grips my hips pulling me closer.

"Let me go put them in water." I mutter as he continued up peck innocent kisses one my lips making no move to let me go.

My smile was relentless.

"Carver!" I giggle loudly as his kisses moved to my jaw and neck.

Before I could break from his hold he bows his head and a giddy feeling runs through me as I stand on the tip of my toes kissing his forehead. I use my thumb to wipe my lipstick stain from his forehead and his lips.

"I missed you. It feels as if I haven't seen you in days." He complains as I officially unlock myself from his arms, following me into my apartment.

"You're getting clingy. I kinda like it." I chuckle taking an empty vase and filling it with water.

"I don't. It makes me appear needy."

I chuckle putting the flowers in the vase and placing it on the bar above the counter, "We're in a relationship, cariño, it's okay to be needy sometimes."

He smiles softly pulling me to him, again, and heat travels through my body at his warm touch splayed on my bare waist.

"I need a hug." He mutters and I turn around standing on the tip of my toes to wrap my arms around his neck.

His arms wrap around my waist tightly pulling my flush against him as he nuzzles his face into my neck.

He releases a deep breath.

"What's wrong? Rough day?" My fingers lightly brush through the hairs at the nape of his neck.

"There were some errors with our shipment at work and I had to correct them through a process that was more complicated than it should have been."

"Luckily you handled the problem and now we can go on our date." I bring his face from my neck, cupping his jaw, and pecking a kiss on his lips.

"Let's go I want to see the place you chose for our first date." He said patting my ass and I roll my eyes.

"It's a small, simple restaurant beautiful too. The restaurant is called Green Sun, it's one of my favorite places." I practically drag him out my apartment and he had to grab my bag off the counter because I almost forgot it.

"Don't say this place is vegan." He almost groans opening the car door for me.

"It's not vegan I promise. You'll understand the name when you get there." I said getting in the car and buckling my seatbelt.

He shuts the door walking around the car to get into the driver seat. Carter doesn't start the car, he just looks at me expectantly.