A bright smile takes over my face, "I would love that. I'mma go get Astryd she can take Bumblebee."

I head to the back room to check in and luckily Astryd was also there eating a breakfast burrito.

"Hey babes." I smile walking into the room.

"You didn't get much sleep last night did you?" She asked automatically making me frown.

I frown slightly, "Is it that obvious? I'm working on two hours of sleep."

"Aww honey, come here. You want a bite of my burrito?" She offers her food with a small smile.

I smile grabbing the burrito from her hands and taking a bite. I hum in approval, "Mm this good."

She snatch the burrito pit my hand, "Bitch I said a bite."

"I did take a bite!" I try not to exclaim with a mouthful of food.

"Then where half my burrito go? Done swallow it with your hungry ass." She grumble observing what's left of her burrito with grievance.

I hover my hand over my mouth as I try to suppress my laugh, "Not yet, I'm still chewing on it."

She kicks my leg, "Bet. Next time you got food I'm devouring it, and they'll be only crumbs left."

"I left you more than crumbs and remember a couple of seconds ago when you felt bad for me and my insomnia?" I poke her shoulder.

She scoffs, "That was before you inhaled most of my burrito."

I wrap my arms around her neck kissing her cheek, "I love you."

I laugh when she nudges me away, "Yeah whatever."

"Carter's at the front with Bumblebee for her appointment, could you check her in?"

She nods, "I would say let me finish my food, but you know."

I roll my eyes, "I'll buy you one on our lunch break."

She nods eating the rest of her burrito before leaving the room to handle the customer at the front desk, and I follow shortly after.

•••••••

When I got off work I was utterly exhausted but I pulled myself together to take a shower and get ready for my date with Carter.

Astryd was out of the apartment running errands.

I told him the place we were going to would be very casual so I dressed myself in a long, white low waisted skirt that ended at my ankles with a white tube top the stopped mid waist and also had two strings I tied into a bow. Though the main pop of color being me red lipstick.

As I put my sandals on I note to myself that it was time to get my nails done again since my left hand was missing two nails and the right was missing one and I accidentally broke one, which was painful.

I was double checking, making sure I had everything, when a knock sounds from my apartment door.

I smile putting my tote bag on shoulder and opening the door, but not before telling Lola good night.