"Yeah you got it." Her voice goes quiet and soon we we're both falling into the relaxing darkness of sleep.

I don't know how much time passes when the bedroom door opens because I think it's a universal experience that sometimes minutes feel like hours, or hours feel like minutes when you wake up from slumber.

You just can't tell time when asleep.

"What the hell is this?" Carters voice makes an appearance, going in one ear and out the other.

"Be quiet." Astryd shushes.

"Don't you two have work?" He asked as I hear him moving around the room.

"No. We're off today." I yawn.

I feel the bed dip on the empty spot beside me and I feel him throw Astryd's arm off of me before he pulls me closer to him.

"You make it hard to surprise you in the morning." He chuckles as I shift myself so I'm closer to his touch.

"Surprise?"

"We're going to go get your nails done before I go into work." He spoke gently. His fingers trailing down my arms to my hands and he lays a kiss were my wrist meets my palm.

I smile squinting my eyes open to look at him, "That's so sweet, cariño. Now I feel more motivated to get up." I said I not moving.

"That's great." He encourages slipping his arms under me and picking me up off the bed before gently placing me on my two feet.

My eyes lids felt heavy, as if they didn't want to open, so I used my memory to make to my bathroom. I would've walked into a wall if it wasn't for Carter who held my waist guiding me.

When I finally force my eyes open they instantly met a pair of eyes that held the rays of the sun through the mirror.

I smile lazily wiping the sleep from my eyes as I grab my toothbrush.

"I would have thought you were a morning person." He teases slipping his hand under his shirt I'm wearing pulling me back to his chest.

We both brush our teeth together catching each others eyes through the mirror every once in awhile.

A warm feeling envelops my chest. I feel like a small, simple moment like this creates an intimacy that sends chills down my spine and brings goosebumps upon my skin.

His hand remains on my waist as I bend over turning on the faucet and spitting out the foam toothpaste wiping my mouth, and I leave the water on moving out the way for him to do the same.

After I wash my face and brush my teeth I get dressed in some dark blue mid rise jeans with a pastel green graphic baby tee. As I slipped on my white sandals Carter comes out of his he bathroom dressed in a navy blue suit. Professional as always.

"She is still here." Carter points at Astryd who is completely asleep in my bed.

I nod, "Yeah, she's a deep sleeper but'll be gone by the noon."

"Come on. Let's go get your nails done." He offers me his hand and I grab my bag placing my hand in his as we walk out the apartment.