Chapter 7 - A mistake leads to death

Start from the beginning

What if she stabbed Zoey with this very knife, causing her the pain she caused her.

She was conflicted at her own thoughts, she wasn't a murderer, she wasn't evil, but at the same time... Revenge and total relief from her schemes felt amazing.

"Hailey, are you okay?" Zander muttered.

Hailey shook her head, returning to the real world and smiled nervously, "F-Fine..! Haha.. Let's just put this somewhere safe."

"Oh... 'Kay..." Zander said, with a hint of suspicion.

Lia, Zander and Hailey walked out of the room, and hid the knife in a closet in another room close to them. They all stayed silent, as the trio felt angst and trauma rip them apart.

"No more messing around." Lia whispered angrily.

...

Drew read one of the books from the hotel library silently. He had a problem. As time went on, he started to regret what he put Hailey through. He hated her, but hurting her physically was too far. Heat of the moment, he guessed.

Slowly, he stood up and closed his book. He wandered out of the room, silently.

"Where are you doing?" Zoey viciously questioned.

"I- Uh- Just for a walk. I need to stretch my legs." Drew laughed nervously.

"Hmm. Fine.. But don't take too long. I need to go over my next plan.." Zoey announced, staring him in the eyes in a stern manner.

"Oh! Okay.." Drew mumbled, as he opened the door.

...

He didn't know where his legs were taking him, quite frankly he didn't care. He just needed a place to escape from Zoey, and escape from what he did to Hailey.

He was lost in his own thoughts, until.

"Oh my- Another survivor?!"

Drew returned to earth, and he replied "Huh?"

"Hey, I'm Stacy!" She said, holding out her hand for a hand shake, "And your...?"

Drew felt his cheeks go slightly red when he saw Stacy. She had beautiful long, dark blue hair. Her bright, happy eyes are sky blue.

"Hello..?" Stacy giggled, "Are you okay?"

"Oh, sorry. I'm Drew-"

"The Drew that bullies the music club?" The sapphire blue haired teenager said in an unimpressed tone.

"Oh- Uh... I guess." Drew sighed, "I'm sorry, I can go-"

"No, no. That won't be necessary." Stacy explained, "I believe people can change.. Well if you're willing too-"

Drew thought for a moment and sighed, "I mean- I can try."

Did Drew want to be with the club? No. Of course not, but he did miss Jake and Lia. He thought if he redeemed himself, he could become friends with his old friends and make friends with new people and then try and become a better person. If hanging around with Zoey was what was in the bag for him if he didn't change, he would be doomed. The only option was to escape and change for good.

"Great!" Stacy smiled, "Do you want to stay in my room, it's just me, Sadie and Daisy. You know them right?"

"Oh I certainly know them." Drew said as flashbacks of him getting terrified by Sadie and flashbacks of Jake simping over Daisy circled his head.

"Haha! Great.. So tell me about yourself." Stacy smiled.

"Well- Uh.. I like playing football. Like... a lot." Drew explained, "It's a big passion of mine."

"Would you feel sad if someone hurt you for liking football?" Stacy asked.

"Uh- I suppose..?" Drew answered, he felt confused on why Stacy was asking him this.

"Do you think it would be rude for people to dislike you for liking something simple?"

"Well- Yeah...-"

"See? First step into becoming a better person." Stacy smiled, before grabbing Drew's hand and running down the corridor, "Now come on!"

Drew felt happy, free. He felt at peace. He was excited for his future. Also, pride filled his head as he realised he could finally have a chance to gain a happier life. Firstly, he just needed to escape this creepy hotel. 

Made: 06/05/23

Words: 1109.