"So I guess you would want to come on the couples retreat with us?" Tucker asked to see just how the two would react. He knew when Miranda was lying.

"What couples retreat?"

"It's in June for a week in the Bahamas with our old college friends."

Miranda looked at Ben nervously. "Uh no, I have to work and

"We will be there." Ben voiced firmly. It was something about Tucker that rubbed Ben the wrong way. He didn't understand why he was really trying to catch Miranda in a lie. Like if you were an ex, what was your point to prove.

"Great and Miranda, you should consider bringing him to the barbecue in July that your family hosts."

"She already told me about that and of course I will be there." Ben gritted.

"You said you will be working here on Monday?" Miranda asked, wrapping her finger.

"Yeah, a nursing position became available, which was great because Tucker got his new job out here, and I had to follow him. I didn't want to do the long-distance thing."

"Sadly, he would never do the same for you." Miranda mumbled, remembering exactly how they broke up.

"We should catch up, Miranda. Come out to dinner with Tucker and I and you too." She voiced looking at Ben.

"That is not necessary." Miranda voiced now over this. This was turning into more than just a little lie.

Ben looked down at Miranda. It was her fault they were even in this mess. She just had to include him in on a lie. Why him? You just randomly pick a guy you were hella disrespectful to and decide to use him. That made no sense. You do a lie like this with people you like and are friends with. He didn't know anything about this woman other than her rudeness.

"I don't see the harm in dinner. We were planning to go out tonight anyway. It's Friday night." Ben smiled at Miranda.

"Yeah, I guess you are right." She relented sighing. This was turning out to be quite a mess.

"Okay than its settled tonight at bourbon steak house, 8 pm."

"Alright, see you guys later. Miranda, come find me when you are done." Ben said, walking off.

"A doctor and nice looking... he's a catch. You go, girl."

"You know what they say sometimes is just a must for an upgrade." Miranda smiled, taking a dig at Tucker. "Okay, you're all set with your finger. Take ibuprofen for the pain." Miranda instructed, taking her gloves off.

She then walked out of the pit and looked around for Ben. She sighed when she saw the man leaning against the nurses' station writing in a chart.

"Dr. Warren," she muttered, walking by him and into the conference room.

Ben followed her inside and shut the door.

"What the hell was that!" They both spat simultaneously.

"Me?!" Ben gritted.

"Yeah, why would you agree to all those dam events?"

"Why would you set me up like that?" He asked, crossing his arms.

"All you had to do was just say you were my boyfriend and be done."

"All you had to do was not include me in a childish ass lie." He snapped.

"Okay, I panicked, and you were right there." She admitted.

"Now I'm going to be stuck being around you for months."