She rolled her eyes at him and took in a deep breath, "I'll help you tell Mama Fulani that you're in for a second wife, if you really want your white linen filled up naturally. Now, out!" She pointed at the door for him and he nodded his head, held up his hands in surrender before he walked out of the room. She watched his retreating back and wanted to throw something that would pain him as much as his words did to her, but then she was against the idea as immediately as it came.

She had her bathe and the sleep she came home with disappeared in the blink of an eye. Today, she felt the urge to see Lucy, feel her in her skin and that would surely ease off her mind. She covered her hair roughly and walked out to the courtyard, the evening air softly caressing her body and she loved the sensation it provided. She asked the guards and one of them brought Lucy to her, the moment she saw her she meowed and began snuggling into Fatima Zarah's skin. She felt all wobbly within. If only Lily was there with them.

The thoughts of Lily brought back a painful memory and Fatima Zarah wished that too didn't brought back Al-mustapha's hatred fresh and anew in her heart. She looked at the place she asked the guards to bury Lily for her and tears already spilled out of her eyes. "You missed her too, don't you?" She asked Lucy as she caressed her skin with more tears spilling from her eyes.

She suddenly recalled that she still haven't told Ammi about Lily's death and she deserved to know. She pulled her phone out of her gown's pocket and dialled Ammi's number. She knew she was on her way back home from the hospital and she surely wouldn't love this as a news to go back home, but that's the only chance she've got.

"Fatima Zarah, I missed you so much my darling. You haven't been calling these past few days. Is falling in love that sweet that you tend to forget about your favorite human?" Fatima Zarah wished this didn't brought tears to her eyes, but it did.

"I actually hate him more than every other day, Ammi. He killed Lily the day you sent them to me, only Lucy left." She informed, with tears dripping down onto her bosom as she fondled the heap of sand that housed Lily.

She heard as Ammi pulled an impromptu brake and she was silent for a while before she spoke, "Do you really mean this, Fatima Zarah? He killed Lily? Oh my goodness!" Ammi listened tentatively as Fatima Zarah told her how it all happened and her cheeks were a mess when she was done. She kept clearing her tears away as the evening wind tried all it can to soothe her pain for a while, but it failed.

"I'm so sorry, Fatima Zarah. But god, my poor Lily." She knew Ammi too was trying to fight her tears, because Ammi had Lily ever since she relocated to Mabera, and they suddenly turned to Fatima Zarah's considering how much time she spent with them.

They finished their conversation with a sad heart before it was already time for prayer and Fatima Zarah stood up and walked back inside with Lucy clutched to her chest. She met Al-mustapha on her way in, while he was trying to walk out to the masjid and she didn't know when he took Lucy away from her hands and threw her mercilessly out of the house and into the courtyard.

"You can't do this to her, Al-mustapha!" She thundered and tried walking out to rescue Lucy when he pulled her back into the house.

"She only makes you weak, I've never seen your tears until the day I killed the other one, that's freaking weakness, Fatima Zarah. She can't live in this house," he stated, matter of factly and walked out, leaving her behind. She wanted to follow after him into the courtyard to see what he was going to do to Lucy, but what he just said rooted her to her spot. Who thought like that? When did a pet became something to hate? Who was he? How could he think of something as grievious as this?

She heard the roaring engine of his car and behind she made a move, she heard a 'toushh' sound and she was sure he had drove onto Lucy even before checking it for her own self. With her whole body shaking, she ran to the courtyard and he had already drove out of the house and there were stains of blood all over the place his tyre had moved on. She stared at the dying body of Lucy with her whole body shaking and her heart beating in a slow pace as if she had being standing on top of a hill and she had to jump on.

With steps she wasn't sure were hers, she walked tentatively until she got to where Lucy laid and she pulled her broken bones drenched with blood onto her chest and the loudest scream she had ever done escaped her lips! She clutched Lucy's body so tight that she feared she could cause more pain to the innocent cat, which haven't done anything but got murdered brutally.

She was crying and her whole body was moving, and she didn't mind the fact that the guards or maids might see her, all she could think about were her two favorite cats in the world, and they got brutally killed by the man she called her husband. She regretted ever calling Ammi that day, becuase if she didn't, she wouldn't have recalled that she needed Lucy and Lily with her, and they wouldn't have died. She wished when Ammi objected to bringing them over she had said it's okay that she will find new ones or bring their babies with her, Lucy and Lily wouldn't have died. What pained her the most was, they were killed. If this was a natural death, as much as it would hurt her, not to this extent.

And if after Lily got killed by him she had taken Lucy back home, she wouldn't have been killed. She would have still felt her gurgling stomach around her legs when she visited Ammi, all this wouldn't have happened today. How did she wish she had seen her off, not hiding in the excuse of not being emotionally stable too? Oh god, she will and can never forgive Al-Mustapha Muhammad Maccido for this. If this was the fire he had always claimed he had prepared for her, she would make sure he would be turned into ashes when she spurted hers on him.

Today, she didn't ask the guards to bury Lucy for her, she did it herself. She picked the gardener's shovel and dug a hole beside Lily and she placed Lucy down with tears blurry her vision. She hated to do this, but she had no other choice. What was she going to do? Now that she had lost her two cats and most loveable to her? She will definitely avenge on him.

As she closed the hole with a heap of sand and blocked her sight from seeing Lily, she placed her both hands on them and fondled with so much pain eating up her soul. "I live with a murderer." She whispered, and more tears washed down her cheeks.

Revenge is simmering oo💃🏼💃🏼🎊