28. Dil Hain Ke Manta Nahi

Start from the beginning

"All you needed was a nice sleep and good shower," Priya beamed as she stepped out of the bathroom.

She felt victorious to wake up and start her day being in control, without pondering over her feelings, not realising that with this thought she exactly did that.

"You couldn't think straight due to your sickness and medication. To add to this, Mr. Kapoor's care and Sara Di's talk. I mean, you and Mr. Kapoor," she laughed, at least pretended to, "why on earth someone will think that!"

She kept the textbook and her diary in her bag, then started combing her hair.

"He is kind, good-looking, successful, super rich. Haan, the humble kind of rich not the kind you deal with in your college. He doesn't judge people on the basis on their financial status," she admitted.

"But doesn't mean there is some possibility of you two," the sane brain warned. "You two are not compatible. Besides life is not only about solving sibling & families issues, or discussing life problems and past."

She tied a ponytail.

"There is a world beyond that, specially in a relationship. Number of things come into the picture. Like if we decide to watch movie, he'll focus on the plot you'll be stuck at the rationality and the loopholes. If we go out on dinner, he'll focus the menu while you'll stare at the rates. If there is some party, he'll dressed up looking all handsome in his branded suit while you'll look like an old maid in one of your old festive dresses."

"And his watch," she said, wearing watch around her wrist, "it costs more than your salary."

"Not to forget his funky, chamkile shoes perfectly coordinating his colourful suits," she added. "Tu toh chappal totne par bhi muchi se thik karake mahino use karti hain."

"And didn't you see the kind of women he is surrounded by. The women in his life. Shivina, Nandini Aunty, Brinda, Vedika," she paused. "Maitri or Sandy least stand a chance, but you..."

She rolled her eyes.

"The truth is you don't fit in his world," she declared, her voice strong yet dispirited.

"Ek second," she spoke after a minute looking into the mirror. "You're thinking all this again! Aur ek second? Tu kabse unke jaise bolne lagi?"

She gritted her teeth and shook her head.

A while later, she looked in the mirror and said, "All men you knew had failed you at some point. Even Akki. It was wrong to put forth condition to get me married even after the possibility of Shivina's pregnancy. He might have backed off if the test was positive but that doesn't make it any right."

The rational mind tried to reason.

"Mr. Kapoor is the only honest, righteous man you have met and known personally. All this confusion is because of that. Agar woh yaha parso nahi aate toh shayad Sara Di woh sab nahi kehti aur nahi hi tere dimaag mein yeh sab aata. That's it." She exhaled sharply. "Now that everything is sorted between us, I will stop indulging in him like I had decided earlier. I will avoid him without making it obvious so he won't be hurt."

"Out of sight is out of mind, Priya." She hung bag on her shoulder repeating, "Out of sight is out of mind."