4. Thy English!

She fell asleep on the couch. Seeing Ram coming, the receptionist rushed to wake up Priya.

He stopped her.

Her hair was tied except for few strand over her face. She slept undisturbed. Calm and Composed.

He went near her. He felt guilty to keep her waiting. He tried to wake her up. He called her but she didn't. She was in deep sleep. So he decided to wait until she wakes up.

After sometime she woke up and saw him around. He prepared himself for her rage. She hurriedly managed her hair and scarf while he greeted her with a smile, "Hey!"

Getting conscious she asked, "How long was I sleeping? Why didn't you wake me up?"

"Not too long. I was just back from my meeting," he lied.

"I didn't know how I fell asleep," she said in apologetic tone.

"Actually, I'm sorry to keep you waiting. I was caught up in the meeting and you didn't call to check on me so I assumed you already left, and proceeded with the next one," he explained.

"Yes. I checked and was told that you were in some important meeting so I didn't bother you. Not sure when I fell asleep. Anyways, it's already late so let's discuss about.." she was interrupted with Meera's call.

She informed her that she would be late and have dinner.

This made him more guilty.

He was not lucky to have someone waiting for him at home. Today because of him, she too would have her dinner alone. In the same guilt, he asked her for dinner.

"What?" she snapped.

"Don't get me wrong. I feel bad to keep you waiting. By the time we reach, it will be very late and you will miss dinner with your family too," he tried to convince her.

"It's alright, Mr. Kappor. You don't have to."

"I owe you this. I feel terrible. Please!!! Besides, even I'm hungry," he cut in.

His appeals left her with no other choice but agree.

While getting out of the complex, he excitedly told her about going to the same restaurant they went on their date.

"Kyun?"

"Didn't you like Ghee Upma the other day? I thought you'd like, but it's okay. We can go somewhere else."

"It's not about the food. It's so expensive. I know you are rich but one should spend wisely. And going there, for the second time in a week," she ranted on the importance of money.

Ram was perplexed. He watched her cluelessly.

Realising she might have overstepped the mark, she stopped and went towards the parking.

****

"Good Evening Ma'am. Good Evening Sir. Your order is ready. I'll get it," the waiter said.

Ram boasted, "I messaged my secretary to order and get it ready to save our time. Smart na!?"

Priya stared at him.

"Oh, Sorry. I ordered for you without asking. But you can still order anything you. Wait!" he searched for waiter.

She stopped him. She told him about being fine with whatever he ordered.

In reality, she was relieved. Over-priced places, chatting with strangers baffled her. She could argue or fight over anything for hours but casual talks with someone was not her cup of tea. When Ram asked to meet to discuss regarding Akshay and Shivina's wedding, they planned to discuss in office.