Marshall quickly turned to his mother who was frozen in place. Marshall didn't know what happened while he was inside his mind, but he hoped it was good.

He waited with bated breath, until his mother grew an extra eye...and another and another and wings.

This continued to the horror of the twins until Elise turned completely into a monster that flew away in front of their eyes.

xxxXxxx

Much much later.

"Heya, kiddo!" Said Hunson Abadeer cheerfully as he landed in front of his son.

"Ugh, you. Didn't I tell you to leave me alone?" Said Marshall angrily.

"Oh yeah, twenty seven times in one breath. Imagine all the souls you can suck with these lungs!" Said Hunson cheerfully as he put an arm over Marsh's shoulder.

"I don't wanna eat souls, I wanna be alone!"

"Who says you can't do both?" Asked Hunson cheerfully.

"I want to be alone because I don't wanna hurt anyone! The opposite of sucking souls!"

"Oh come on, how about we hang out a little?" Said Hunson cheerfully. "Marcy really misses you."

Marshall flinched. "I flooded a building just by sleeping inside, I made a lava pool by accident over there, I've made a hundred different catastrophies by just living, I'M A MONSTER! She stays as FAR AWAY from me as possible!"

"What? Monster? I look at all this destruction and I only see art. You're a very good artist. I'm proud of you, son."

Marshall paused as he processed what he had just heard before he started screaming and clutching his head by his ears while running as far away from Hunson as the latter watched in confusion.

xxxXxxx

Much much much later.

The Lich stood defeated under a smaller figure wearing a helmet hiding their face clad in black.

The figure's hands glowed magically as crystals of ice and candy washed over the body of the Lich, trapping him inside an elemental prison.

Once the figure made sure the Lich was trapped for good, their arms went limp. They slowly took off their helmet to reveal an 18 year old looking Marshall Lee Abadeer. Though, it seemed that he was much much older than his appearance implied. He was wearing a blue diamond as an earring.

Marshall sat next to the Lich and curled into a ball. "It's finally over." He said in a shakey voice as he looked to the night sky above.

Up there, lines of light began connecting the stars until they made a face. A face that Marshall recognized immediately.

"Billy!" Exclaimed Marshall with a smile as he stood up before tears began falling out of his eyes. "Oh...r-right. Got a little excited there. Forgot you're still, y'know? Dead."

Before the hero in the sky could reply, Marshall curled into a ball once more.

"Marshall." Said Billy with a sad frown.

"I- I really thought it'd last this time, y'know? *Sob*" Said Marshall with teary eyes. "Guess I messed this up too."

"Marshall-"

"*Sob* Remember all those adventures we went on together?" Asked Marshall with a weak smile as tears ran down his face. "I loved every moment of it...then you went up and DIED to some- some STUPID CORPSE!"

"Marshall!"

"Why does everyone around me leave? They die of old age because magic made me immortal. They die because some jerk comes around and kills them. I turned my own mom into a monster *sob*. I pushed my sister away and she's still okay-" said Marshall dejectedly as tears flowed out of his eyes. "...I really am the problem-"

"Marshall! It's not your fault!" Said Billy from the sky. "I'm the one who got too excited and jumped in without thinking and got hit." He said scratching the back of his head.

"I should've known you'd do that. I should've done something."

"...hey, remember that hero you used to tell me about? The one that'll appear in the future and idolize me? Fonn? Fann? Finn?"" Asked Billy and Marshall nodded. "I bet every one of these stars that he'll look back on your battles and think 'i wanna be cool like that!'"

"That's a terrible dream. So many people died because I failed so many times."

"And a lot more people lived. You did enough."

Marshall smiled as tears still flowed out of his eyes while watching Billy's face disappear from the sky.

But before Marshall could say goodbye, Billy's constellation face returned.

"Oh, and make up with your sister, dude. It's not healthy to stay like this."

And with that, Billy disappeared. Leaving a grateful hero to rest.

xxXxx

Marshall doesn't know a lot about the bleak aspects of AT due to having avoided those kinds of episodes. This was done purely to maximize emotional damage.

Btw, Marshall who fought the lich was wearing Billy's nose gem as an earring.

Also, I seem to have left it vague so I'll put it here. After turning his mom into a monster, he started losing control over his magic.

Also, Marceline's mom now lives! It's an arguably worse fate, but hey it's something.

Also, if you want this to become a full fic tell me and say which time period do you want it to start from.

Toodles.